Hello! My co-worker told me she suffers from plantars fascitis. She told me that it is inflammation of the supporting structures of the foot and that she feels severe pain in the foot. What I would like to know is how this condition can be diagnosed. Are there any special procedures? Thx

Well, plantars fascitis is usually recognized by it symptoms and it needs not any extensive testing. Plantars fascitis is characterized by heel pain upon awakening in the morning, or after an extended period of rest. Usually, the pain decreases to some extent after a person has had time to loosen up and become fully engaged in an activity. . One of the simplest and most productive treatments is stretching exercises. One thing is certain. This condition should not be ignored by hoping that it will go away. It can create permanent damage and can change the way that you walk, creating other painful problems throughout the body.

It appears I may have plantar faciitis. I have horrible pain in the hill and burning with shooting pain.
The worse is in the mornings when I arrise, but some during the day as well.
Last weekend, I was working and had to sit down as I cold not walk anymore.
Is it recommended that I see a physician for treatment or would the use of splints or wraps help as well.
Thanks
J