For some reason, I have a lot of friends and acquaintances who are interested in alternative lifestyles and the medical aspects that often come with that - I should say, a "fresh" look at therapy. But it is not just my weird friends who think yoga exercises are "therapy"; it seems this notion has been popularized by media and stars alike over recent years. What do you think about this?

I think of yoga more as a form of exercise than as therapy, and I must say I have never heard anyone claim yoga is therapy. Good for body, mind and soul? Yes, without a doubt - that is what they all say! But actual therapy? No, I don't think I have heard that one before. I haven't missed much with that, obviously... Yoga is definitely meditation, but only money spinners would refer to it as therapy, in my sometimes not so humble opinion.

These kind of expressions only come out of little or no knowledge of the subject of Yog not "Yoga" which is a 5,000 year old tried and tested tradition. It is the hybrid western styles which defame yog. Our style of Yog is where we are not allowed to charge for our teaching. So the money spinners are definitely not the original yogis I would hasten to add. Yes our style of yoga does stop stammering but we do not call it therapy - just yog.

Yoga is really great. ;-)