I recently was told I miscarried. It has been two weeks, and there was not a lot of bleeding, a few small (dime size or smaller) clots. I took an at home test and the results were positive, also the dr. called and my last blood test after the miscarriage was odd. My levels increased. Did I miscarry? Or will I need a D&C or am I still pregnant???

I had a cousin who was told at 8 wks PG, she had miscarried. She didn't have the time with 3 other small babies to get the D&C done so she told the OB she would wait for it to come out naturally.

1 month went by and her period didn't show and she thought, 'well I better go and get this D&C.' So they did the routine PG test and it came back + and they decided to do the U/S to make sure the D&C was still needed and low and behold, She never lost the baby to begin with. Her dates were off and when they checked her the heartbeat hadn't started yet.

So she now has 4 little boys all healthy. If she would've got the D&C when they wanted her to, she would have lost that baby.

Things like mistakes happen all the time. Just question everything, and listen to your inner voice. Best wishes-Terra

the same thing happened to me several years ago. i did a HPG and tested positive. Then i had a week of spotting followd by a week of heavy bleeding. I went to my OB's who did a UT which came back negative and an internal exam and was told that i miscarried. the next month i had a period for one day then it stopped abruptly. I thought this wa a complication from teh miscarriage bc i didnt have the D and C either. they ran a standard UT and it was positive. there wa no "activity" in between these drs visits. It turned out i was pregnant the entire time and my son is now a healthy 4 year old.

Now i had 4 positive HPT's. some spotting and cramping. went to DR. tested negative. left the office,. took two more HPT which came back positive. he did an internal and my uterus is enlarged and he did a blood test. will get those results tomorrow. Can anyone give me insight as to how the tests could differ like this? what does this mean? can i miscarry without a heavy bleeding or even a flow?