Hi. Yesterday I felt strong pain in my right lower abdomen and I'm pretty sure it is from inflamed appendix.
I haven’t visited a doctor because I'm afraid of the operation. I have also heard some good things about some laparoscopic type of surgery and I was wondering what option is better.
I'm also interested in possible price. I'm not in some very good financial situation right now and I would like to know which option is cheaper?
Thanks!

I have had this operation about four months ago and I will share my experience with you.
I had felt almost same symptoms like you: strong pain in my left abdomen, accompanied with fever and nausea.
Doctor offered me to choose- classical method of removing or laparoscopy. He said that price was pretty much the same and that it costs about 2500$ including tests, medications and an overnight stay at the hospital.
He said also that he recommends laparoscopy because it causes significantly less postoperative pain, earlier resumption of solid foods, a shorter hospital stay, and a faster return to normal activities.