I had the novasure proceedure done on Dec. 10th/2007.
For two weeks after the proceedure, I had clear, watery bloody,
brown discharge. Week three, thicker, yellow/brown/red type
discharge. Jan 7th started cramping and sure enough, a period
arrived. I was getting by on mini pads/panty liners but had
to switch to a full maxi pad. Although previously to the proceedure
I had very heavy and very clotty periods, I must admit, the clots
and blood flow were not as bad.
after 4 days, it stopped and went brown. Three days after
that, another period starts where I am back to wearing
maxi pads. I have been bleeding for close to 12 days now.
I think I have worn period protection for close 6 weeks every day!
I would greatly appreciate if anyone is or has had this. I have read
the healing time varies greatly. No bleeding, just discharge or bleeding.
I am bloated & puffy. No fever, no pain, just day after day of
moderate bleeding. There is and has been a very weird burning
sensation that comes and goes. Almost like a stinging sensation but
I don't feel it is associated with an infection of any sort.
There is no foul smell although there was a odd smell that lasted
a few days when the discharge changed from thinner to thicker but
there is a slight odor change (?) again I am not worried .. yet!
I am more concerned and bummed out about this continual pad
use and bleeding.
Any thoughts and offerings of similiar situations would be greatly
appreciated.
Thank you,
Christine

I had the Novasure done on 1/16/08. I had very little discharge, but on the 8th day, had a low grade fever and pain. Went to the doctor for an exam and ultrasound ( which were both normal) and then my discharge increased (very watery) 2 days later, I started my period. At first it was light...just needed a pantiliner, now I'm on my 6th day, and it is getting heavier and not lighter. It seems watery, but also with clots. I've had no real cramping to speak of since the day of the procedure, but right now, this seems heavier than my normal periods. Called my doctor yesterday and he said it sounded ok to him, but if it's still this heavy tomorrow, I think I'll call again. I read somewhere where someone had injury to some of the surrounding blood vessels, and bled for a month, and then once that healed it went away...thats what I'm hoping for...has yours lightened up since you last wrote? - Sarah

I had the Novasure procedure done on 1/7/08 and I am still wearing a pantyliner. Everyday I have some discharge. My doctor told me everyone's body is different and everyone heals at their own pace. It seems to me that everyone has a different experience. This is mine. The first two weeks, I had back pain and it was so bad, I almost went to the hospital a few times. I would also get sick to my stomach. Now the doctor does believe that I had a stomach flu on top of just having surgery and that might have been the case, but now it has almost been a month and every couple of days I still get sick to my stomach. I have lost 10lbs and the back pain has pretty much gone away. She told me my uterus tilts toward my back, so that is why I had pain in my back instead of my stomach. Even with all of that I am happy I got the procedure done. I was bleeding heavily every day from Oct - Nov (it only stopped when I took medication to stop the bleeding) I am hoping that with time it will continue to get better. I am just wondering has anyone else lost weight after the procedure? My appetite is not like it used to be at all. Also has anyone had an upset stomach?

You have described me exactly! I am very interested in how your progress has gone. I had my procedure done on January 8. The light drops will not stop and the very faint odor has me concerned. My follow up with my doctor went fine although I am wearing down from all of this. Please let me know what to expect, it just seems we experienced the same issues.
I go to the gym alot and have been intimate with my husband, I wonder if either of those have hurt my healing. I didn't do anything until my doctor gave me the go ahead though.

Me too! Doc told me not to insert anything or take a bath for 2 weeks. I waited and when I was finally intimate with my husband started the pinkish discharge all over again. How long will this last? Is it safe to have sex? I had a tubal & D&C done at the same time.

I had the Novasure thing done May 19th, and I am on my 2 week "anniversary". Just when the light stuff stops, here comes the heavy stuff, again. I was hoping that visitor would never be seen again. So here is my dilemma.....my husband is acting likes he's been deprived and needs his "power minutes" with me. Should I do it?? It's been the weeks they told me to not "insert". But....I don't want to infect anything. Last thing I need is for this bleeding to keep lasting longer, now that the pool just opened up!! Can I wear a tampon now??

I had mine done on 6/19/09 its mostly the same i think with everyone. Watery pink discharge then brown after a few weeks. But it lasted a month. Then I got a period and it was painfull but not heavy but almost as bad, Then came the second period and it was very very light and hardly any pain. Maybe a clot or two. Now its been 18 days since that second one and now I am spotting bright red lol. I gues I should count my blessings cuz its better than what I had befor the procedure.

In reading all these experiences no one has posted or from what I have seen more than a few posts so I am assuming most are happy and not having any problems.

This procedure can fail. It also take anywhere from 3 to 12 months to get regular or no periods. Most have a HUGE difference in bleeding and pain. So the Novasure is a good tool to have if you suffer like most of us on here from painful heavy nasty prolonged periods.

I am glad I did it ! Its still a work in progress though.

Well i thought it would be helpful to update everyone on my progress. I had Novasure done 9/08. To date I still have a period, although it is lighter and doesn't last as long. Since the procedure my periods are still very irregular, but I do see light at the end of the tunnel. Sometimes I start when I'm suppose to and sometimes I cramp and PMS and nothing! My cramps are a lot worse since Novasure. Prior to the procedure I didn't really cramp at all. Now it seems like I cramp all the time! This month my period was for 1 day! One day compared to 14...I'll take it! Yeah!

I still think my body is healing as my periods are still irregular and every month is different. Here is my journal since the discharge disappeared: 12/08 - 2 periods; 1/09 - 1 period; 2/09 - nothing; 3-09 - 1 period; 4-09 nothing; 5-09 1 period; 6-09 1 period; 7-09 1 period, but it was late; 8/09 - nothing and 9/09 - 1 so far.

Once the discharge disappeared things started looking up! Like most here my discharge was light pink, eventually it became clear....still felt the gushes, but it was completely clear. Once it turned clear, it eventually went away...but it seemed like forever! I understand the frustration! Hope this helps. I'll keep you posted as I move closer to the 1 year annivesary!

DeltaGirl thanks so much for posting an update for us! If you ever feel like posting a new one, I would surely love to hear it. Thanks again for updating!! :-)

I had the Novasure procedure done 6-09-10. It was a day before my period was suppose to start. Afterwards I was feeling a little crampy. Four weeks later I am still have discharge that smells AWFUL and not to mention cramping that is radiating down my left leg..At my two chk-up the dr claims that all these symptoms are part of healing..Here it is time for my period again and I am cramping like crazy. I feel like nothing is going to change. Dr says no sex for the next 4wks. my four wks are up next week when I go back for another chk-up.. Has anyone experience simliar symptoms, I am afraid that this procedure did not work effectively, I know it says min to no period, but I have been discharging and cramping since day one, and I am to the point to where a panty liner is not working.

Some one tell me I'm over reacting and this will get better.

yes - I thought this was supposed to be an in and out thing - I had to have general anesthesia and still feel like c**p a week later

i am exactly the same cat, i had mine done 10 days ago and i have never felt so ill!!! im getting the cramps, the foul, embarrassingly smelly discharge(in full flow), i feel sick all the time, my back is agony and i cannot for love nor money get rid of headache!!! i really wish i hadnt gone down this route, my periods were heavy and painful but they lasted 5 days and i knew they were gonna stop!! not like this, i just havent a clue wot is happening to me and i cant get anyone to take me seriously!! my gp last week said "so wot do u want to gain from this visit?", i told her i wanted to know that all that was happening to me was normal!! she said "its 2 soon 2 tell, give it more time" i cud of cried!!! going back 2day 2 see a diffrent doc, see wot they say!!!

I just had mine done 10/19/12 and was out riding 4-wheelers and muddin the next day.  There has been very little to no discharge after the first week and I am noticing that I am able to get into a size smaller in my jeans.  After reading everyone's posts I am hoping that I do not have to deal with those horrible cramps again.  My sister in law also had the procedure done a year ago and no periods, no cramps.  I hope this is the case for me.

I just had my procedure done 13 days ago. I go for my two week check up tomorrow. I have felt fine the whole time. I've had a very light discharge this whole time. I'm suppose to start my period any day now so I'm curious to see what happens. I've read a few horror stories and am now a lil worried. I know everyone heals differently. I just want to knoof how much longer do I have to wear panty liners.