I am scheduled to have the Novasure prodcedure early next month. I am also scheduled to run in a 10 mile race approx 5 days after the procedure. Can anyone tell me whether it is advisable to run that far so soon after the Novasure procedure?

I had one done in March 09, was very weak and sore for at least 1 week.

Bad idea. I'm three days post op and walking a block to the beach yesterday caused the discharge to increase. You won't be able to wear tampons for two weeks after the procedure either (infection, etc.). Your doc will tell you to rest as much as possible in those two weeks too. I would not advise running.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed operation..no fear..dont be afraid experts can handle this.

I just had the Novasure procedure done 6 days ago here in NC. (march 18th, 2011)
My obgyn suggested it since he already clamped my tubes in 2007, so I thought about it
and thought "hey no more periods" Im all for it~
My procedure was a outpatient one, I was put to sleep.
I had no pain at all after words, to this day no pain!
I did bleed lightly for a few days after and now Im having discharge.
The surgery team told me this should only last up to 7 days.. However so far I am super happy with this
surgery and so thankful there was no pain! :-D
Hope this helps any of you~