Last week I have problems with my breathing for two days. It was very difficult for me to inhale. I had to go to see a doctor. There I have been under the constant attention for a day. They have told me that I suffer from pulmonary thrombosis. They have also asked me did I have similar case in my family. What can cause this, can it be inherit.

I was in the hospital for the same reason. They just tell you what you have and they do not bother to explain why that is. Fortunately I will help you. There are three potentially overlapping factors predisposed to pulmonary thrombosis; local trauma to the vessel wall, hypercoagulability and stasis. We now believe that many patients who suffer pulmonary tromboembolism have an underlying inherited predisposition that remains clinically silent until an acquired stressor occurs such as surgery, obesity or pregnancy. When pulmonary thrombosis is identified a detailed family history for venous tromboembolism should be obtained.