Hi everyone. I have been very moved by all the posts placed here by earnest people struggling with losing weight. I have been in your shoes. I thought I would tell you my story of success and hopefully it will help some of you.
I am 53 yrs old. I was in pretty good shape in high school and over the next 35 yrs I gradually gained 65 lbs. I yo-yoed through the years. I got back in really good shape when I was 36 then I got married. I’ve tried every diet imaginable, even the “just eat less” program. I had some success with all of them but I couldn’t stick with them or I couldn’t keep the weight off. I would lose 5 and gain back 10… lose 10 and gain back 15… and so on. My weakness is carbs. I love pasta, desert, bread, fast food (I could live at Taco Bell and Schlotzsky!). I could never just eat one donut. If I ate one, I ate 10. If I ate 1 cookie, I ate 12. etc.
I heard about the cookie diet in 2008. I did a little research and found the R&D Diet Cookie. It fit my budget better than any of the others. I thought I would give it an honest try. I have basically been on the R&D cookie diet, or some form of it, since. I lost a total of 50 lbs. My goal was to become a size 8 again and I made it in 3 months. I lost 20 lbs the first month, 15 the second month, and my last 15 the third month. I had to work harder at it the 3rd month but I was so close it was worth it. I have kept the weight off for 10 months. It has been pretty effortless. I still eat 1 or 2 cookies each day simply to maintain control and because I like the way I feel when I eat them. I could probably quit them completely but I feel no need to.
I’ve never been much for working out. I don’t like to exercise. I try to walk and keep active. After I lost about half the weight I started working out a little because it simply felt good! I also started eating better. While I was losing the weight I made sure my evening meal was healthy and balanced. I started only worrying about calories for the evening meal. That worked but I admit that I mostly followed the Engine 2 Diet for my evening meal during the last month. The cookies helped me stay on that diet. I am happy and I feel better than I ever have!
I encourage all of you who keep giving up because you think you have no will power to try this program. It really works!! You can and will do it as long as you put your mind to it - and you can even cheat once a month. We are all human and need to do that every once in a while. Don't beat yourself up - just know what you are doing. You will stop - just remember what you looked like and felt like on day one and how far you have come. That always works for me.
And, if you don't exercise, start walking today - the spring is a wonderful time to begin. You will feel so great once you do. And keep the bad carbs out of your life - no white bread, no white pasta, no sugar, etc - that's the biggest problem with our society. Eat lots of plant based foods, leave out the added fat (no butter or mayo!).
I am in the best shape I have EVER been in… I have a great plan… I am in great health and have a great attitude… thanks to the R&D Diet Cookie!
Here’s a note to all of the people out there who have tried other programs and failed… don’t give up! You just have to find out what works for you! If you think something like the r&d diet cookie program will work for you…don’t let anyone talk you out of it. Not all of us are designed for the gym (I admire the ones who are!). Some of us need a different kind of help (other than will power) but don’t want to use drugs. I know it works because I’ve done it!
If you can’t find their website, email me and I will send it to you along with some of my recipes I use (if you are interested).
Sandra

I find it sort of suspicious that "GiggleGirl" can be a man (from another post called 'cookie diet') and a "Sandra" at the same time.
In addition to that, other sites have different people posting the same exact thing.

HOW TRUE! (Giggle)... That would have been my husband, Martin. He got on one day and SteadyHealth had me already signed in. He posted and it recorded it under my sign-in name. He tried to set up an account of his own but it didn't work the first time and he just gave up! Men!
Sandra

Time for an update... I have now kept off my 50 lbs for almost 2 years! I slipped a little this summer and ended up gaining almost 10 lbs with all the holiday revelry but I ordered 2 weeks worth of the R&D Diet Cookies and lost it all before I ran out of cookies. I really want to urge all of you to try the cookie diet. It makes so much sense. Quick weight loss is a very big motivator and you don't stay on it for a long time. It's a very low calorie diet for a short period of time. I want to recommend the R&D Diet Cookie program. I feel like their cookie diet is based more on research rather than "trial and error" or copy-cat. I was really happy with them.
Some of you may have read about my husband's efforts with the cookie on this website. I'm happy to say that Martin lost a total of 30 lbs using them. He's talking about getting more serious after the new year and trying to lose 20 more but I think he is also pretty happy where he is.
Good luck to all of you!

YAY! You go girl!!!