Hey guys im 19 and for awhile now there has been a lump on my chin.  At first i found out that was a ingrown hair however it seemed kinda to big for a ingrown hair as if it was a bit inflamed.  It seemed like a pimple almost but bigger.  After looking at it one day i noticed a hair in there and i cut the lump open and freed the ingrown hair.  The lump feels kinda hard and seemed like layers of skin, it only bled when i cut it open.  Now the ingrown hair after i shave grows normally(didnt shave for awhile to let the lump heal) but the red lump is still there and very noticeable.  I tried putting some tea tree oil on it and using face wash products thats for acne to get rid of it but its not working.  A friend told me to try heating up a knife untill its red and and  placing it on the bump but i dont see that working.  Any suggestions?  

Also i dont think its acne, acne usually goes away in about a week or 2.