I started shaving my pubic hair every now and then starting a year ago. Every time I shave I get razor burn. Last month, I tried using Aloe Vera gel and the deodorant trick and it seemed to work the last time I shaved (1 month ago), however the redness and the bumps started coming in a few days later when the hair started growing back. Since then I have had random ingrown hair bumps form and go away. Yet in several areas, particularly the middle of my pubic region and where my leg meets my pelvis, the skin at the base of my hairs is red. Its not a blazing red, but there is a noticeable color difference. I have had this for 1 month, however I have had it at the base of my "happy trail" for 2 months. This redness has not changed and is not going away at all. I have tried using the aloe, Bump Patrol, and Softsheen-Carson Magic Bump Rescue; I have used these on average about every other night (considering I forgot a few nights here and there while putting it on several days in a row as well). These creams don't seem to be doing anything. I haven't shaved my pubic region or my genitals since my last shave a month ago, yet I have been trimming the hair short. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding my predicament here? I can't stand these disgusting bumps and the redness, yet I also really hate pubic hair and want to get rid of it. I am a 17 year old boy, so laser, electrolysis, etc. are out of the question, I can only shave or wax. Also, can anyone give me suggestions so I won't burn or get redness? Thanks!

I forgot to mention that I seem to have a cyst where a razor bump was, i don't think there is an ingrown hair there however. It has been there about a month, what should I do about that? Also, there are multiple hairs coming out of each follicle (or at least each pore where the hair grows out of) in many places where I have shaved before. How do I stop this?