Hello, I am a 22 year old male and in the past week or so I have developed a red lump on the side of my face. Its about an inch by an inch and a half big, noticeably swollen and painful to the touch. Its definitely not a spot as ive had a few o' them before! Any ideas for treating it? cheers!

I have the same thing, a large lump on my face and under the skin, so i guess its not acne, but right in front of my right ear, very swollen, ugly and kinda hard but painful to the touch, and grew larger over a week or so. its not getting any better after 2wks or changing. i dont know what it is or how to treat it. im thinking of going to the doctor but i cant afford it.
at least your not the only one.

Have had the same thing and my dermatologist said it is cystic acne- kind of like a boil- which is more common in adults than in teenagers. Putting toothpaste (not the gel kind) helps draw the pus to the surface and decrease the swelling. Occasionally it will be possible to see or feel a head under the lump and I have used a sterilized needle to lance it- heals within days once the pus is out- however a doctor would never recommend breaking the skin.