I would like to start running more seriously. I was advised to get the right shoes. Some people say that one type is good for me while the others praise something else. I am confused what are the Worst and Best running shoes? I would appreciate some suggestions. Thanks for your help.

There are different types of shoes for different foot needs. There are three types of foot: low arch, normal arch and high arch. The main types of shoes are: stability shoes – for people with normal arches; cushioning shoes – recommended for the runners with high arches which foot may roll outward; motion control shoes – designed for the flat feet racers whose feet roll inward ; lightweight shoes – designed for fast pace training and high performance; trail shoes – for runners who run on bumpy terrain. So depending on your type of foot and terrain where you run you can choose the right kind of shoes.