I have read about some studies that showed carcinogenic potential of ritlin. That reminded me that when my daughter was 6, her doctor wanted her to take ritlin because thought that she had adhd. I didn’t want to except to give that drugs to my child, and fortunately she ‘calmed’ spontaneously soon after. Is this medication still prescribed for adhd? What’s about those studies?

I have also recently read about its potential carcinogenic effect. In fact, studies have shown mutagenic effect of methylphenidate, that is generic name of Ritalin. Aberrations of chromosomes are detected and there is a link between development of cancer and these mutations. But it seems to me that there still exists story about controversial results and that this medication is commonly used. Ritalin has positive effects in adhd and is usually tolerated better than dextroamphetamine, the other drug that has similar indications.