My doctor recommended me hysterectomy. I am planning to undergo this surgery soon, but I have a few questions. Is it possible to find alternative to this surgery so I do not need all this. Then, I would like to know would I be able to have normal sex after surgery. I am afraid I will change and I will not have sex as I used to have, since I am only 35 years old.

For many women, hysterectomy provides an enhanced sense of well being and a chance to start a new life. This surgery could make you free of the pain and symptoms that caused them to choose hysterectomy. Whatever method or option you choose, it is in your best interest to explore all the treatment options available for your particular condition. You should do it before choosing hysterectomy and your doctor should tell you as much as he can about this surgery and its alternatives. Some women are afraid they will lose their desire for sex, but this is untrue and your sex life should remain as pleasurable. I could tell you even it could become more pleasurable once you are free of the cause of your hysterectomy. Removal of your ovaries may cause a decrease in sexual desire, which can improve with the use of estrogen so it could be improved anyway. If your ovaries remain intact, you will not experience surgical menopause, although your doctor could prescribe you normal hormonal treatment. If vaginal dryness is a problem, your gynecologist may prescribe an estrogen cream to have normal sex after surgery. Beside this, you should purchase one of the OTC products available such as K- Y jelly.