It has been 1 month since I had sex with my husband. Before that ? years. !!!! I feel it's because of my weight. I'm not that damn ugly. Either he isn't in the mood or vice versa. I have tried everything to get my husband in the mood. I tried to catch him when either of us is coming out of the shower but he says not in the mood. Should I just give up and be a reborn virgin ? I do not believe in extra martial affairs. He says he is committed to our marriage after 34 years.

What should I do ? 

DEJOLANE

Health Guru
Does your husband work long hours or have a stressful job as sometimes that can be the cause

No we are in our 50's and on SSI. I tried to get him up but with no luck. He and I are very stressed these past years with bills and such. I just don't think he wants me sexually anymore .maybe cause of my weight ? 217 but losing some everytime I go to the doctors.I am Bipolar and sometimes I just don't want sex either.

dejolane

Health Guru
You mean he has erection problems?
Well if he is under stress then that isn't going to help and he probably feels a failier over it.
I think it is just a case of being understanding and reassure him.

I know it's because he really doesn't want sex and vice versa sometimes. Yes we used to have sex when we met alot but now over the years it has died down alot. He wants to me call a doctor and for me to ask the doctor for his pills .]He thinks if he gets these pills he will get an erection and he could have better sex. Yes we do have stress on both of us.
he wants to go to a marriage counselor. Do u think it would work ?

dejolane

Health Guru
This is just my view, i think marriage counseling will work but only if your both willing to put 100% effort into it other wise you just as well forget about it hun.
I think that the main reason that the sex stopped is maybe because it got a bit repetitive and not being able to get an erection with out pills didn't help.
As i said that's just my views on how i see it.

He hasn't been able to get an erection for along time. Either he isn't in the mood or vise versa. There is a place in Columbus Ohio who maybe able to help. I'm calling them this week. I'm 51 and my husband will be 53 at the end of March.I'm not dead yet. Yes I do want sex with my husband. He thinks it's because we have alot of stress on us but I think once in awhile he could relax and have sex with me.

dejolane

My husband still hasn't an erection. But he finally faced up and asked the doctor for some pills. But they cost so much for just 1/2 of the prescription. and of course insurance won't pay for someone to have sex. I am getting frustrated with him I'm going crazy. What should I do ? dejojlane