For past few months I have been thinking about doing liposuction. However, I have heard about another procedure, called mesotherapy. I am wondering what is this procedure all about? How is it done and is it painful? Does it have some serious side-effects that I should know about?

Mesotherapy is a medical specialty that involves injecting microscopic quantities of homeopathic agents, natural extracts and vitamins into the skin. It is used to eliminate cellulite, promote weight loss, treat aging skin etc. Mesotherapy does not require hospitalization. The results are visible after two to three sessions. It is important to say that liposuction does not treat cellulite. In fact, liposuction causes exisitng cellulite to appear more prominent unlike mesotherapy that treats cellulite directly. It reduces fat from selected areas and fat deposits are flushed from the body. They do not reappear in other areas of the body, which often happens after liposuction. During the procedure patients usually feel slight pinching or burning sensations. The most common side-effect of Mesotherapy is bruising that resolves during one week. Arnica, the homeopathic supplement is recommended to speed up the healing process.