Hi all. I’m 22 and have symptoms of endo. I have been having pains since January and my doctor never mentioned endo unttill the last visit. Then he put me on BC pills and told me to get back to him in 2 weeks. I even asked him to send me to some specialist but he refused. Anyway, I found one myself, who was specialized in endo. I visited him and he confirmed diagnosis - he thinks I have it. So, now I’m scheduled for a sigmoidoscopy. I’m very nervous because this will be my first “surgery” and I don’t know what to except. Has anyone here had the Sigmoidoscopy? Can you share your experiences with me?? Thanks

The sigmoidoscopy is really nothing you should worry about. First you'll be given an enema and then the doctor will put a tube in through your anus to see what is going on in your colon. I mean, it's not the comfortable thing, but not horrible either. Just hang on. Good luck.

It's really not bad at all. I was sooo scared. First they make you do an enema, you can do it at home before or at the hospital - like I did. The enema really is the worst part.
Then you get your sedation. It's brilliant. As soon as she put the sedation in I really can't remember much after that, I just keep remembering little things.
I was aware of what was happening but couldn't feel a thing, even when they took biopsies. I watched the whole thing on the screen. After about 10 minutes I was getting wheeled out an was left to rest for half an hour and then went home.
Afterwards you do get some wind cramps but that's it, maybe abit of blood if they took biopsies.
Don't be scared like i was about getting this done. It will help you :)