Hello guys.

My cat Masha had her routine control today. It was a little bit longer than I expected, and I just could feel that something is not right. And, it was not.

My Masha is diagnosed with hypothyroidism. 

I was googling a lot about this, before, but I never was thinking that I will have this kind of problem. I am not scared, at all, I know that she can live long and happy life during her disease.

But, I don’t know what is the best treatment option for cats when they are diagnosed with hypothyroidism?

Do you have any idea? 

Hi Love,

Check with your vet.  They've seen Masha and know her history.

Don't be scared.  Masha needs you to be strong.

There are medications that you can give her.

Hope it helps.  Good luck.

I am so sorry to hear this about your Masha, but I deeply believe that she will be just fine.

It  is very rarely that this disease can be a tumor. Less than four percent of the cats that develop this disease, can develop malignant thyroid tumors.

But, I am sure that this is not the case about your Masha as well.

I know that she will be just fine, because, like Medic Dan told you, I believe that your Masha is strong cat.

There are some medications, such as ipodate, and this one definitely can help your cat. I don’t know that well, but I think that this medicine is not in use anymore.

So, you need to visit your vet to tell you what is the best treatment for your cat.

Good luck my darling! 

Hello. My dog Cecill, was diagnosed with hypothyroidism three years ago.

I have noticed some weird symptoms. He started to lose his weight, his appetite was down, and he was a little bit aggressive.

While I was googling some symptoms, I was like – NO WAY, IT CAN’T BE HYPOTHYROIDISM!!!

After this, my vet told me that the only solution is surgery. The worst ten days of my life. But, I have to admit that after this surgery, my dog was fine, but he was never the same again.

I am really happy that my dog is healthy and that is the most important thing right now.

Good luck, I know what you are going through.

Hey, thank you so much for your support.

I am really trying to live with this, but I really hope that you understand me, because my Masha is everything for me.

I am not running away from giving my cat meds, if this will be much better for her, if she is going to be much healthier.

I was just wondering, please, understand me – can I expect any side effects from some meds and antibiotics?

When can I expect that my Masha is going to be better?

It worries me because my Masha is sad, inactive and she doesn’t want to eat .