1. I take the stairs almost everywhere I go (assuming it's less than 5 floors and I'm not wearing pantyhose). I used to be the escalator and elevator queen.

2. I don't think twice about having to walk a mile to get somewhere. I used to whine about walking across the parking lot to pick up lunch and have the place deliver instead.

Edited to say: the reason I post this is because I have noticed a large amount of lazy people on campus and it drives me bonkers. Of course 13 years ago, I was one of them and I ended up 120 lbs overweight.

I didn't get thigh rash today from my long run like I did a week ago

people ask me to be on their teams for any sporting event because they know I am in shape.

I just ran my first half marathon (13.1 miles). I think that says it all...

I'd like to add:

I got rid of my size 42 pants for 34 - 35 pants. Hearing the ads for the Docker 1" elastic waist pants makes me cringe.

I keep my XXL t shirts for long sweaty runs in cooler weather.

My wife complains my regular walking pace is "too fast". In Quebec City I just kept charging up those hilly streets with no problem.

I can still wear my ORIGINAL ISSUE Army Dress Blue uniform from 1970. In fact I had it taken in...

I'm waiting to meet up with some of my college frat brothers who used to joke about my weight...(I heard a few of them got VERY chubby)

I probably take elevators just as often as stairs. If I'm tired from that morning's run... elevator all the way.

Lower resting heart rate
sub 5% body fat
When 2 hours is a "moderately easy" long run
what was once a 4-pack is now a 6 pack

You don't get winded or tired just doing normal things outdoors in the summertime like everyone else. (I can't believe how many of my family members and/or friends complain about the heat. I don't even notice it now.)

My normal training week used to be my high volume weeks.

it drives me bonkers when people at school use the elevator to go up ONE FLOOR! especialy during the busy times in a particular building and they have to wait more than 5 minutes for the elevator... and it drives me even more bonkers when people wait for the elevator to GO DOWN!!!!!!!!! :argh: geez, use the frikin stairs people! :flames:

I like the looks on the faces of the people when I tell them I just ran "x" amount of miles! It was especially fun to say "22 miles!" :)

My stomach doesn't rub against the steering wheel any more.

The only L and XL clothes I own are children's t-shirts.

I have visible cheekbones and clavicles.

My average daily run was once a long run.

I say "I'm running 18 or 20 miles today" without a big smile of pride anymore. It just seems normal.

No one in the office messes with me. They all say "there's no one here who can take you".

But when given the choice, I always take the elevator/escalator over the stairs. :shrug:

At a company softball game a year or two ago, featuring my dept. against the maintenance dept., I got to be leadoff batter. First at bat, I promptly drilled a line drive over the left fielders head and by the time he got to the ball I was rounding 3rd and cruising to an easy inside the park homerun.... Several guys on the other team were questioning me about my age and workout habits after the game.

I can see my feet without using a mirror.

I no longer eat 2 boxes of Little Debbie Zebra Cakes in one sitting.