HI!

I am having a bunionectomy done this Friday, March 3rd. I am an avid excerciser....running...aerobics...lifting light weights. How soon before I can get back on my feet?
I have read the previous posts and it seems to be 6 to 8 weeks? But then I have read 3 to 4 weeks. What is the correct information?

Thank you!

hello there. it all depends on your current condition and your body shape. not all people who are doing sport are in the same form, so the rules for them are different. after the surgery, the most common problem that people have is the one that refers to painful little toe. people are generally scared when this happens, but it is all normal and it takes a time until this goes back to normal. now, some people are back into the sport after 2 months, until for some of them, 6 months is an optimal period. be strong and you will be healed! 

Hi! I wouldn’t want to scare you before your operation but my mom had bunionectomy and although everything was healing and doctor said it was good, she is still having unexplained pain and finds it hard to be on her feet for a long time.
Although her doctor said that the pain should be gone totally after 3 months, it’s been 5 and she is still in pain. She had physiotherapy and everything was going good but hasn’t ended up that way.

How big are your bunions? Do you have big troubles with them?

My mom was in a lot of pain and she couldn't wear normal shoes and the surgery was her only option. Later, when I went through forums, I noticed that some people had long post op pain while the other praised the procedure and said it was the best thing they did for themselves.

i hope everything goes well with your surgery. Let me know how it went!

Hey, it's after the date of your surgery and I'm supposed to be getting a bunionectomoy also and I was wondering how it went and how you are feeling. Was your bunion a severe one or mild or what? Mine is a mild one but the doc. said it was better to get rid of it now before it got worse and the surgery would be more complicated.

Hi! My sister is also about to have bunionectomy and to be honest I can’t say if I am for or against it. I have been going through many reviews and I am not satisfied with the things I have been reading. Bunionectomy is followed by such a long recovery period and some people have pain from surgery months after having it done.

Now, opinions and experiences are divided. Some people say that they made the best and some the worst mistake by having the procedure done.

I don’t suffer from bunions, so I can’t say how it feels having them, I do know they are cosmetically unattractive and I guess that people with bunions have no other choice.

I reckon you should surf around the forum a little bit, there is a lot of info about bunions here, I know I ran into them and like I said, opinions about the procedure are divided.

Good luck to you!