I have a lot of itchy bumps all over me. I thought they were bug bites, but I have recently linked it to the new tempur-pedic bed I had just got. Thank you. I thought I was going crazy, trying to figure out why I was getting attacked by bugs, yet my boyfriend laying next to me was not.

I am a nail tech and I developed an allergy, I thought to my products. I stopped using all my new products and the rash would not go away. My eyes swell shut, rash on face, neck and hands. Guess what I have? A tempurpedic pillow. I was thinking of when I started using it on a regular basis and it was right before the rash started. I put that pillow in the other room a couple of nights ago and my eyes are getting better. I am sooo happy I did not buy the bed like I was going to. And I will be happy if this is the problem for me. Easy fix! I am sorry to everyone who bought the expensive bed and I would try and get my money back if I were you. I feel bad you have to go through all of this.

I purchased a Tempurpedic mattress in Feb of 2010. The first month was okay,but woke up more tired than when I went to bed. Symptoms have become increasingly worse. Rashes, intense itching all the aforementioned in this discussion. I thought it was just me, as my husband has not had this reaction. Last night was the last straw.! I slept in another room and almost instantaneously the itching stopped! unbelievable! I am still paying for this mattress, so I think a trip to the store is warranted to see if an exchange for a non-foam mattress can be negotiated. Very disappointed that it has come to this but it has to be done. I have been out of work since last year so money is an issue,but health is more important. I went so far as to be allergy tested for everything but latex. Will request it if available. My doc even thought it may be a case of sleep apnea , but was neg. Will be sleeping in another room until this mattress issue is settled!!

My husband and I began sleeping on a Tempurpedic in June of 2009. The first night on the mattress I awoke with an incredible bloody nose and extremely achy joints. Thereafter I awoke most mornings with an achy lower back, which I found alarming as a 38 year old in active good health.
By January of 2010 I was experiencing chronic and severe back and chest pain. By April of 2010 I had undergone several blood tests, x-rays, MRI's EKG's and CAT Scans to try to determine the cause of ever increasing pain in the aforementioned areas as well as in the joints of my knees, hips, elbows and fingers. There was no clear diagnosis and my doctors were mystified.
In June of 2010, after one year of sleeping on the Tempurpedic, our family left home for a one month vacation. I felt incredible the entire time, with no pain whatsoever. I began to think my achy joints must have been caused by an odd virus.
However, within one week of our return home my symptoms were back.
At this point we decided to buy an all organic mattress as my symptoms now seemed clearly related to the use of the Tempurpedic mattress.
We have had our organic mattress for two weeks now, and go figure, I am once again symptom free.

Went to the store to see about a refund or swap for a regular matress, the sales man,(who was not the original person), was not helpful. he said if it was in the first 30 days of purchase he could do something about it, and was un helpful and rude with almost a snicker to his tone. will not recommend this store to anyone. Anyone know of a lawsuit going on about Tempurpedic mattresses?

I don't think it's an allergy. I think it's the heat build-up in the areas that sink into the foam the most.

Latex is advertised as more 'breathable' than the Tempurpedic stuff.

I bought a memory foam pillow on a Friday and both Sat and Sun had a TERRIBLE headache. I googled memory foam and headaches and found appalling stories about how ill memory foam made people. I canNOT believe this! I had no idea that I had to check the ingredients of my pillows the way I do with the foods I eat!!

I bought my mattress 12/2010 and kept waking from night sweats the first week. After two weeks I started getting itchy bumps and thought bed bug bites because of the epidemic in 2010. I searched online and my bumps didn't look or sound like bed bug bites, so I went to Dr. and he said it was most likely some type of allergic reaction and to use hydrocortizone cream. The cream helped at first but hasn't resolved the issue. I thought it was from my laundry detergent (Surf) and proceeded to wash everything with my old detergent (Tide). My boyfriend and I still have it and it has gotten worse even after taking those precautions.

I'm thankful that I found this site. Our next step will be to sleep on our old mattress. I will see if it helps the insomnia, sweating and awful itchy rash that wakes me up at least 4 times a night. Also I will call the company where I purchaced and let them know about the allergic reaction.

Thanks

PLEASE LISTEN!!! DO NOT BUY THIS MATRESS!! IT HAS TAKEN ME MONTHS TO FIGURE OUT WHAT WAS GOING ON IN THIS HOUSE. THE RASH AND ITCHING ARE UNBEARABLE, NOT TO MENTION OTHER SYMPTOMS OF HEADACHES, NOSEBLEEDS, AND ASTHMA. MY HUSBAND AND I WAITED YEARS TO BE ABLE TO PURCHASE THIS MATRESS AND WERE NOT TOLD ANYTHING ABOUT THE CHEMICALS AT ALL. UPON DELIVERY THE SMELL WAS HORRIFIC AND THE DELIVERY GUY TOLD US OF THE CHEMICALS AND THAT IT HAD TO BE AIRED OUT. WE DID THAT AND THE SMELL DID SUBSIDE BUT MONTHS INTO SLEEPING ON IT THE MULTITUDE OF SYMPTOMS IS UNREAL. I JUST WISH WE HAD BEEN TOLD THE TRUTH BEFORE SPENDING 3000 ON THIS BED THAT WE COULDN'T WAIT TO GET. NOW WE'RE STUCK WITH A BED THAT IS MAKING US MISERABLE AS WE ARE NOT ABLE TO RUN OUT AND SPEND ANOTHER 3000 ON A DIFFERENT BED.

Has anyone had any problems with their memory foam mattress or pillows causing facial swelling or bags under their eyes?  This has been ongoing for me for a few months and I have tried eye creams and everything else under the sun with no results.  Then I ended up in the hospital for an emergency appendectomy... after 3 nights stay in the hospital all of the swelling in my face has gone and I can't help now but think now that it might have been my mattress and pillows all this time - especially since the problem started right around the time I got them and that 3 days away from my bed has seemed to have something to do with it clearing up?  Has this been an issue for anyone else with memory foam?

i have owned my tempur pedic for almost a year now. when i first got it i thought my wife would burn up on it, since our old bed was foam and she stayed hot on it. nothing to lose in my mind if she was hot on tempurpedic. to my surprise she actually slept cooler on the tempurpedic. our salesman told us to walk on the bed when we first got it to open the cell structure and as a result of that i guess is why no foul smell of any kind was detected by us. it has been the best ive ever owned and as a result a few of my family members have bought one.

I have a Tempurpedic pillow and have had a terrible rash, itchy and burning, swelling and hives, especially around the eyes, mouth, neck and hands.  I underwent extensive allergy testing and found I was allergic to "fragrance mix" which is a number of chemicals.  The only thing I could think of that touched those areas only was my pillow.  I stopped sleeping with it and have been using a hypoallergenic pillow and the rash is going away.  I'm very grateful not to have purchased the mattress as well.

I bought a memory foam topper thats 3 inchs thick.. The first night i slept on it, i broke out in hives/welts and sweat and got a fever of 100. I decided to sleep on it one more night thinking that perhaps i was having a reaction to something else (god knows what). That second night i though i was going to rip my scalp and skin off from itching so much! I took it off the bed last night and just slept on my rock of a bed without it. I still feel a bit itchy today, but not nearly what I was going through. Hope this helps.

OH MY GOD. I thought I was the only one who thought that. You are so right. I was itching constantly for 3 months, As soon as I got into bed at night it started and I was in agony, I decided to go through an elimination process to find out what was causing me to itch so badly, BINGO ! MEMORY FOAM PILLOWS. Removed them a week ago and the itching is gone

3 month ago got a memory foam pillow for 100 bucks and a king size mattress.

Red blood-shot eyes every day, when I sleep on it.  

coincidence or not?   

The time of red eyes and sinus issues does correlate with the time of procurement of memory foam products.

Has anyone reliably identified the chemical reaction or active allergens or whatever that causes the bodily reaction, which may or may not be allergic?

THANKS!