I tried sleeping on the TempurPedic (when I still had it) by sleeping on top of an air mattress that I put on the TempurPedic. While that reduced my ankle and foot pain slightly, what I had to do to get rid of the beast that was killing me was get rid of the mattress entirely. It's not the "smell" that's doing it, it's the outgassing of the chemicals.

Yes, TempurPedic will take back the mattress, IF you can prove it's sagging, to their satisfaction. You have to provide photos done in a certain way proving a required degree of sagging. TempurPedic's warranty says that the mattress won't sag in 20 years. It doesn't guarantee that the mattress won't chemically poison you. Who would have imagined that, anyway, when buying a new mattress?!

The only thing that helped me was getting rid of the mattress entirely, doing an internal body cleanse, getting rid of the heavy toxic chemicals my body had absorbed by doing liver/kidney cleanses and drinking a lot of water, and sleeping on a very simple cotton-filled Japanese futon mattress. And getting rid of everything ever associated with the TempurPedic: all bedding, pillows, anything I used on that mattress, ever, I got rid of. Washing it didn't do it for me. I could still "taste" something like aluminum when my body came anywhere near anything that had been on my mattress, after I put the mattress in the garage for a month and started letting my body completely detox.

Part of my blog, part 1 of 7 parts: http://drstrangeitch.wordpress.com/my-memory-foam-mattress-saga/the-saga-part-1/

I got rid of the mattress and everything that ever touched it, everything I ever put on it. I even got rid of the wooden furniture, although I don't think you'd have to. I just did. I replaced it all with a wonderful cotton-filled Japanese shikibuton and silk-filled comforters and buckwheat hull pillows. Much better, and all natural! And I've had NO SYMPTOMS since.

I did do a full-body herbal cleanse (something I bought in the pharmacy department at Wal-Mart, a simple $20 "green tea diet" kit) after getting rid of the TempurPedic, and also did a liver/kidney cleanse and drank a LOT of water for about 21-30 days. That all helped too.

Since the purchase of my Serta iComfort or iCloud..whatever, memory foam, I had a prevalent feeling of nausea. Upon going to bed I would develope hives and itch so much so that I would rub on anti-itch cream and take Benadryl . I've been very fatigued and had breathing difficulties. I bought my mattress fall of 2012 and only now, after two visits to the ER because my symptoms were that of heart attack. I've even been to an orthopedic doctor for joint problems and steroid shots, none of which I ever had before the mattress

I purchased a tempurpedic and after 3days the worst migraine of my life came about and would not go away i was sitting in bed on the third morning of owning it and my nose started bleeding and would not stop i have never in all my 30 years of living had a nose bleed before that day then came the nausea i figured it out quickly it was the mattress my dogs eyes were all swollen too from just being in the same room with it i began sleeping. Down the hall in the guest room but still the effects were strong the whole house wriecked of chemcals i became soo ill i could not get up i was dizzy throwing up sweating and that migraine headache never eased up at all i thought. I was gonna die i was moaning and groaning no comfort for my body in any position felt like a hang over after 4 gallons of tequilla or a keg full of 151 as much as i would not recommened drinking that amount of either one of those liqioures is as much as i woukd recomnened a tempurpedic mattress because the outcome can be equally miserable and one to regret when finally after 4 days of being very very sick the matress was taken away i was immediatly all better talk about a bad dream 

I didn't have to prove anything to return my Tempurpedic mattress....they came and picked it up and I received a refund in full in a weeks time.....don't undersand why people are having a hard time to return.

I have MCS (chemical sensitivities) and purchased a Tempur-pedic in 2007 in Canada for $2600 It made me feel very ill at once. After the third day I removed it and stood it up in the room.and did not sleep on it again. When I contacted the company they said the  person who could help was away for the month and would contact me and that the company would see what they could do. After the month, the mattress had not outgassed. When this manager returned, I was told that even though I had not slept on the mattress more than three days I would have to deal with the retailer I bought the mattress from. He offered me half of what I paid.  I gave the mattress to my daughter. In the years that followed TP gave 30 day trial options to customers. I will never get over their shabby treatment of my problem. Now I need a new mattress again and am afraid to get the conventional innerspring pillow top models as they are full of chemicals. Latex s not an option as I am allergic to that too.

i too would like to be part of this it made me so sick I thought I was dying.

You are the 1st person from whom I am reading a complaint about them as many of my friends are happy using it.

Well, I just purchased a Novaform gel top memory mattress and within a week of getting it I am fully broken out in what I THOUGHT were spider bites. But then I kept getting new itchy red spots and I figured it can't be bug bites. Decided to search allergies to memory foam and found this. Thank goodness I got this at Costco. I'm hoping they will let me trade up to a latex mattress. This stinks. It was comfortable. But the itching and rashes are driving me NUTS! Only have the thing a few weeks. So disappointed.

I had a similar experience. After a lifetime of sleeping on firm mattress, we moved to a new home. The former owner sold us the new foam mattress that was on the bed and I was really excited to have a Tempurpedic mattress. I started to itch like crazy, the moment I went to bed. I though it could be chocolate or the body cream. I switched detergents to no avail. Besides the itching and the rash on my stomach, I had nausea, dizziness and flulike symptoms. And terrible headaches. Besides the headaches, my husband had shortness of breath and felt like he was sick all the time. We bough a new mattress, but it will be delivered in ten days, so we're sleeping on the floor, which is way better than that awful mattress.

I purchased my mattress in July and had the same problem. Wet t the doctor and was first treated for poison ivy but went to another who treated me for a topical skin rash. It finally cleared up. When I called the company I was told that they had not heard of this type of reaction but I had the supervisor contact me and she said that some people had reported this reaction. She suggested I was the mattress pad and air dry it. I did this and also got a $200 hypoallergetic mattress pad cover. This has taken care of my reaction. They also said that they would certainly take the bed back because they were in the business of help to deliver a healthy sleep.

Wow it's good to share on the Internet. I bought this tempur pedic mattress about two years ago and I have been on allergy pills for the last 6months now for a very bad itching that I have never ever experience in my life time but it goes away immediately after taking the pills it goes away for four days and I asked my doctor how long do I have to be on this pills he said as long as you live so now I don't have to be on this pill as long as I live rather I am going to through this $3000 mattress away without looking back thank God. The funniest thing is that my wife does not itch I hope it is not a matter of time for her.

Just bought a Beatyrest Smartflex mattress pad from Costco. for my wife. first morning she wakes up all itchy and red blotches all over her body that rest on that pad. She had breathing problems. 5 days later rash is still visible. It says that the mattress has "Ultra-fresh" antibacterial protection.. But nowhere is there any warnings of possible allergy reactions.

Hi - we are currently fighting for a mattress replacement due to the same problem. keep fighting and reporting you are not alone.

For working in the industry, you have incorrect information. Tempur-style? Really.....all your information posted in wrong about Good Foams. Cheap foams that you sell at your second rate store