My husband and I bought a new bed 2 months ago. At the time we asked if it was memory foam and they said no, it was just wool. I had serious problems with IKEA memory foam pillows before and knew I was allergic.

The woman told us the bed was not memory foam, and we bought it. Over the past 2 months, I have been getting sicker and sicker. Very swollen lymph nodes all over my body. Unable to wake up. Seizures at night time. Bloody nose. And a flesh coloured, itchy rash all over.

Then I thought to check the mattress. Two days later and I feel normal again.

Incidentally, I couldn't find anything but 'memory foam does not cause allergies' for 3 pages. Google is definitely getting paid off to hide this.

Just wanted to let everyone know that there is a class action lawsuit against Tempur-Pedic for containing formaldehyde and other unwanted chemicals in their mattresses.  

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

My Wife has suffered the same problem, how long did it take for the rash to go and what was the best treatment.

My Wife has suffered the same problem, how long does it last and what is the best treatment. Many thanks for anyone who can hel 

Class action lawsuit time or, they recall.

Then how do you explain that fact that I cannot eeven walk upstairs without experiencing breathing problems and, stuffy nose, itching all over my body? If I stay upstairs too long I start cycle of sneezing, asthma-like cough, ringing in my ears, sore throat, sinus congestion?. The newest ailment is sores on the inside of my nose that are really painful.

Re our new expensive foam bed:
I developed red itchy bumps all over my arms and back. I was sure we had bedbugs! I spent hours crawling around our new bed with a flashlight, searching for shed skins, bedbug poo, etc. Nothing. We moved out to the guest bedroom for a year and I thought if there were ever any bedbugs, they have to be starved out by now! When we returned to try the foam bed, I woke up at 2am itching all over. I ran back upstairs to the guest bed...it took about half an hour for the itching to subside, and then I fell asleep. Clearly, whatever this mattress is,it gives me an allergic skin reaction!!!

Memory Foam is DEFINITELY not for everyone. Everyone's body and thus sensitivities are different. While I am not allergic to feathers or dust mites, I begin coughing as soon as the memory foam pillow is out of the package. This effect does not fade with washing or time out of the package. If you are a person sensitive to chemicals or latex these pillows will not be for you!! Before you buy, be sure that you are not allergic to your pricey purchase!!

Has anyone had any problems with increased liver enzymes?  Anyone heard of a correlation between the mattress and elevated enzymes?

you need to unzip the cover and let it air out for 12 hours or so then the smell will go away
I have a temperpedic for over a year now and will not sleep on anything else

My husband and I have had our Tempurpedic bed since December 24, 2014.  It was our Christmas gift to one another.  We were tired of not sleeping well and having to replace expensive mattresses every few years.  It was also becoming more and more difficult to continually turn the mattress.  Since we have had the bed, my night sweats have returned to the extent that I look like i just got done showereing but forgot to dry off.  This happens alsmost every two hours.  The bed and pillow have a very bad odor and i had been waking up with body aches and headaches.  I have alsoi taken the color out of the sheets on my side of the bed with all the perspiring. I thought it was just me, but now that I have found this site, i see that it is more common than not.  What can be done about all of this?  Feeling very upset that I ever purchased the bed and pillows.

yes, this is apparently a class action lawsuit 

I think I'm going to be allergic to the new mattress that I haven't even taken delivery of yet. Here's the timeline: Saturday - go new bed shopping, try out memory foam mattresses, start to feel like I have a cold that evening. Monday - go bed shopping again, come home having spent a lot of time on and ordered a Tempur memory foam mattress, spend rest of afternoon on the couch feeling terrible. Already using the new memory foam pillows we bought and come Friday, I woke up covered in itchy rashy hives, dry eyes, feeling like a zombie... I ditched my pillow and went back to my old one but my husband continued using his, my blocked nose instantly cleared however I am still getting the hives, and now I have sore armpits and swollen lips, and a bit of asthma....just found this thread and freaked out! We've removed the offending pillows, stripped the bed and are airing the room like crazy... if I'm like this from just the pillows, I don't want that damn mattress anywhere near my bedroom!!! I hope the store understands when i call tomorrow morning to cancel the order...

I did what you suggested and it did not help. Have removed it from bed and am now feeling much better. Three should be a recall.

simmons makes beautyrest, not seay, and they're made in Brunswick, Georgia, not China. Tempurpedic and Simmons Beautyrest aren't similar at all. You're just lying. I assume you must work for a competitor.