i have the same feeling as everyone else on this site. about a month ago i had a severe sinus and lung infection. i was on antibiotics for the usual 10 days. i noticed i did have a yeast infection but it seemed to have gone away. i am currently taking another antibiotic to treat uti but my test came back negative. i just read the posting about the yeast and i think i am going to give that a try. i will let you know the outcome. this sucks!!!
8-|

Hi, I'm 20 years old and I have the same simptoms as reported here: urethral burning AFTER urination (not when urinating), and a burning sensation around urethra. Also this pain, or spasms go away after 10/20 min after urinating. I became with this simptoms after taking Ciprofloxacine for an UTI treatment. I read about some Staphilococcus aureus infections (Methicilin resistant I think?) and I keep wondering if I didn't get it on the hospital, where I was working when I was on the antibiotic. I'm now trying an antifungal vaginal cream (GINO CANESTEN), and it seems to get better, at least for the burning. I'll let you know if I get some improvement.
I also did an uroculture (bacterial examination to urine) and nothing found. I'm wondering if the S. aureus methicilin resistant (MRSA) is searched with this examination.
Thanks!

Hi everyone, when searching on "Goodman & Gilman's The paharmacological basis of therapeutics" I just found that the treatment for Sthaphilococcus Aureus is the following:
Methicillin-sensitive Nafcillin or ofloxacillin, cefalosporin (1st generation) or vancomycin, Ciprofloxacin+rifampin, clindamycin, erythromycin, trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole+rifampin
Methicillin-resistant Vancomycin, Ciprofloxacin-rifampin, Trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole+rifampin
This means that a Ciprofloxacin has activity against S.aureus, and the most probable is that the problem that is causing the pain on me may not be related to S. aureus.
To all who are infected with S. aureus, as I saw in the forum, who were treated with nitrofurantoin uncessfully, my suggestion is to talk to your doctor and try some of the antibiotics listed above. VERY IMPORTANT: check if the S. aureus is Methicilin resistant or not! :)
Good luck to all

OK so I am here to give my story and maybe it could help any of you. I started to get all the symptoms of a UTI. I don't usually get UTI's so i was a bit doubtful about having one, however, I had buring upon urination, pressure in the lower abdomen, all the typical UTI symptoms... and most importantly was the EXTREMELY uncomfotable feeling in my urethra basically at the opening... it wasn't painful but more a mild burning feeling and an intense tingle feeling....very annoying I could never sit still, I couldn't sleep at night IT WAS DRIVING ME CRAZY! So I went to the clinic and had a urine analysis done (AKA peed in a cup) and the results showed that I had a trace of blood in my urine but not a high enough level of white blood cells to be diagnosed with a UTI. Because of my discomfort, the doctor still treated me for a UTI with antibiotics 3 days and said if the feeling never goes away then come back. The feeling didn't stop, so 3 sleepless nights later I went back and fortunately stumbled upon a female doc instead... we did another unrine analysis and again there was a slight trace of blood but no white blood cells. So She asked if she could examin the area and when she fiddled around all of a sudden I screamed in pain! AAHHHAAA she said...I had a fissure (cut) in the opening of my urethra. This little cut caused the blood trace and because it's at the opening it stimulates the bladder and gives that constant need to pee feeling like with a UTI... Then upon some research i found out that many doctors don't think of urethran lessions as a possible cause of UTI type symptoms... but it's actually quite common. So the treatment was not complicated... a hydrocortisone type cream daily and a few weeks to heal....the cream was not for the healing but for the discomfort and it worked. I have NOOOO idea how I cut my urethra... a vaginal cut I could understand but the urethra no idea! I thought I would feel something like that occur... but I guess not. Anyways, maybe bring this up as a possibility to your doc if they seem perplexed... oh an I forgot to mention that I could not see the cut myself... I investigated with a mirror for hours and couldn't see what the doc saw... she's obviously at a different angle LOL.

i had 2-3 hpf bllood and 2-3 hpf wbc in my urine. I was given antibiotics for two times in a month. since then my reports are normal but i can still feel pain in begning of urethra before starting urine and when squeeze my penis and testicles. can some body know some herbal treatment??

Hi, would be really grateful if anyone could help. I get awful burning pain in my urethra after peeing for years now and doctors have found nothing wrong. I've been tested for every UTI under the sun and nothing worked, and recently I had a urethral dilatation because the doctor thought my urethra was too narrow, but that didn't work either. I have to drink about 6 pints of water a day and sex and alcohol make it worse, and I'm so tired of it. Has anyone else had similar problems and have any success?

well i have tht same burning/pain feeling n it prevents me from urinating, what sud i do?

Try cutting out sugar, caffeine, chocolate and desserts from your diet.

I also suffered from numerous bladder infections and finally took myself off to a Uro-Gynae who put me onto a tablet called HIPREX which you have to take with 1000mg of Vitamin C (once a day).  That was in 2007.  It worked!  Now in 2011 I have had my first recurrence and, like one of the other contributors to this site, it seems to be related to a Candida (Yeast) vaginal infection.  You can Google Hiprex.  It was the only thing that worked for me.

Hi manders, 
I suffered from recurrent urinary infections in the last past years and only one product worked on me which is Ausilium. It's a natural product product made of D-MANNOSE + MORINDA CITRIFOLIA. you can find it in BESTFROMNATURE and in there there are all the technical data sheet you need.
It was the only way to get rid of antibiotics which were not able to support my pains.

Have a look into it because you can get off your problems.

Frens

For the past 2 years I've suffered with recurrent cycstitis which occured pretty much every time after intimacy. I've been treated with numerous antibiotics, namely nitrofurantn. After 2 years though it's like I just can't take it anymore, like something has given way. I get pain right at the end of urination and after, especially after really short trips which has been happening for the past 6 weeks. I find that drinking lots of water doesn't really help though. I'm meant to be seeing a gynocologist soon but after reading some stories on here my hopes of finding a solution are extremely low.

I came off my pill because I though it might be that, tried the coil but my body rejected it because of my age, so now I've settled for the implant. This pain occured just before i had the coil fitted.

Are there any ways of checking for something with out having a diagnosis from a doctor?
Also with in this time all urine samples have come back negative.

Thanks

i have had this my whole life.  so nice to know i'm not alone.  one dr. told me it might help to run some water into the urethea - it does seem to help the pain a bit, though it can sometime take a while to work.  i find this especially is a problem immediately after ejaculation then urination following.  try the water - it helps.

there is a condition known as interstitial cystitis which can cause some of these symptoms. i've been down the antibiotic road. had the camera go where it shouldn't etc. there's alot of practical advise here. most of the medical solutions are not without risks and you will encounter those risks. from experience i can promise you that your well meaning doctor or urologist will create additional problems. once you enter a state of inflamation, the area needs rest. limit your diet to one that is least allergy prone and ic safe. drink plenty of water. tbelieve it or not older medicine systems like chinese, and ayurveda have treatments for this malady. good luck.

I have the same problem & its killin me.. hate 2 have sex because if it... I hve 2 wear poise liners 4 urine leakage... Embarrassing!! I had surgery it still hurts though

What other symptoms did you have! Any similar to IC??? Wondering whether I have that or I have this!