I have been extremely itchy in the vaginal area for a couple of months now, recently I have noticed small, white bumps around that area .. both on the inside and outside of the vaginal wall. I am getting concerned as to what this might be and am hoping it's not some kind of STD ... is it possible that it's not? Any help is appreciated!!! :-)

Well, if you are sexually active in any way then it might be an STD. Herpes can be passed on from only touching. White bumps could be anything. If you are having pain then it is in your best interest to go see the gynecologist. Make sure that you are tested for gonorrhea, syphilis, HPV (which could be causing the bumps especially if they are more skin colored), herpes-- as a type test, and HIV (just to be safe). Herpes is not usually on a standard STD panel and you will most likely have to request it.

White bumps etc and itching might also be associated with a yeast infection but the only way to know what this is, is to go to the doctor.

I HAVE BEEN HAVING THE SAME THING FOR MONTHS VERY BAD ITCHNESS, TO THE POINT THA I SCRATCHED SO BAD ONE OF THE LIPS SWELLED UP. I WENT TO MY GYNO LAST WEEK AND GOT CHECKED AND I KNEW IF I HAD ANY STDS THEY WOULD CALL ME. AND THEN CAME THE CALL BUT I WASNT HOME AND BY THE TIME I GOT THE MESSAGE THE DR OFFICE WAS CLOSED. THIS WAS YESTURDAY. SO ALL NIGHT LAST NIGHT ME AND MY BF WERE REALLY WORRIED IT COULD BE SOMETHING, BECAUSE WEVE ONLY BEEN TOGHETHER FOR ABOUT 6 MONTHS. SO WE STARTED INSPECTING THE AREA LAST NIGHT. THERE ARE SOME TINY WHITE BUMPS TOO. SO I CALLED MY DR AS SOON AS THEY OPENED THIS MORNING AND IVE NEVER BEEN SO HAPPY TO HAVE A YEAST INFECTION. SO MEBE THATS ALL YOU HAVE. BUT YOU NEED TO GO SEE YOUR DR TO MAKE SURE. THEY ALSO HAVE NEW AT HOME TEST FOR VAGINAL INFECTIONS AT ANY DRUG STORE. AND YOU CAN GET OVER THE COUNTER CREAM FOR YEAST INFECTIONS THERE TOO