I'm 15 and I've had darkish brown inner thighs and arm pits since I can remember. I heard all the talk about it possibly being the cause of my legs being rubbed together and rashing. I am 5' 8" and weigh 233 lbs. I'm trying to eat healthy and lose some more weight, but for now I'm lost as to what I can do to get rid of these spots. It won't be too long until I start becoming sexually active when I'm older, and I'm so afraid and self concious about my body. I really want to feel better about it, please help! Anything you guys have to offer will help. I also heard it could be pre-diabetic syndrom or something? That sounds awful. I would hate to live with diabetes when I'm older considering the fact it runs in the family. I think getting a few bumps here and there on your vagina is normal, but that happens too. I also get a lot of dark brown hair on my stomach. I have no idea how to fix this.

With you weight, like me I would think my blood sugar may be a contributor here. Good research on your part. If you eat like other people but can't drop your weight like they do, I'd say we have some things in common and my issues was handed down from my parents and theirs and so on. It seem my family has issues with metabolizing lipids. In other words making use of the fat I eat at a celular level. This has led to my pancreas working way too hard. I caused all sorts of issues. Can you get a DR to check your Vitamin D and other fal soulable levels? This is an easy enough test that might cause your pancreae to work too hard and mess up your sugar too. I think this is the best place to look, and I might add this also. If half of the food you eat is raw fruit and veggies only, then half of the food you eat needs no help from your pancreas and liver to be digested. So, add some lemon to water, just a wedge or two. Eat a half a graipfruit if you are not on medications forbidding it. I know, I hated it too, but I am a male of 45 5'10' and down to 210lbs which is good for me at 22-24% BMI and most men my age get fatter not skinnier. I am down from 260 less than a year ago. I noticed the darker skin being less noticable but to some extent in some races this is pretty normal. On a more personal level some private parts can be red, pink, tan and even brown in fairer skinned persons. Do not be ashamed of who you are. I hope the tips on good eating help you as much as this helped me. 

Im 17 years old and i weight around 225 trust me i have the same problem i hate the fact that i have darkness between my thighs and my vagina area aint that bad but it is somewhat I've had sex 3 times and im very self cautious about myself and body. Honestly all i think you can do is to start losing weight because when i was younger i lost a lot of weight and that darkness faith away slowly. Im on the process of trying to lose weight so i can be confident when it comes to sexual intercourse with my partner and also be glad of my body and myself. But just try to be clean on the darkness areas and clean it good when you tale a shower and put lotion to soften the skin.

Tea tree oil found at Wal-Mart Is a good not so harsh exfoliate. I know when I rub it on my neck it removed dead dark skin nicely. I have used it everywhere on my body with no ill effects. You can however taste it when you apply it because it soaks in through skin and gets into blood. Its also good anti-fungal, anti-biotic and anti-viral so a little won't hurt in you blood. I notice it takes 2 applications before the dark skin starts to lift off. I use just my fingers and it peels off like a sunburn with oil but you cannot see where it starts and stops like a sun burn. Pretty cool... Hope this gives some faster solutions for you.

My sister and I have had the same thing.. Still do. I don't any more as bad cause I stopped wearing black shirts!!!! And seriously. A lady once told me, " shave your legs and arm pits every day or every other day for as long as you can && only wear Secret deodorant!!!!! " I'm telling you. That works!!!! No dark clothing. Secret deodorant (I use on inner thighs too) and it takes a couple months but let me know how it works for you!!!!!

I have always used Secret deodorant and my armpits aren't too bad. It's more of my thighs. Thanks for the help!