OK here it goes. I'm 24 and since starting my period at 13 I've never spotted midcycle before. Jun 3rd I experienced some really light brownish pink spotting only when i wiped. Thought it was my period but was very confused as I had just finished with it a little over a week before that. It ended up only lasting 2 days and never really amounted to much. Since then I've been on and off with slight nausea and have been more exausted than usual. I'm usually very regular and was expecting AF around the 18th. I usually have very sore breasts for 2 weeks leading up to it but this month nothing which seemed to be a huge relief for once. On the 18th I noticed a very very small amount of brown spotting and assumed it was my monthly visitor. This round of spotting was much lighter and only lasted for that one day. It's now the 24th and still no signs of AF in the near future. I took a hpt 2 days ago BFN. I've never been this late before (almost 7 days now) and I've never gotten spotting. Which the first was timed right for O spotting and the second for implantation. Both are very rare to get on their own nevermind having both in the same month. I figure I'll test again in a few days if no af arrives. Until then I'd like to hear if anyone else has gone through this and what their outcomes were and if it sounds like I'm PG or if it could be something more serious like cysts or another medical condition.

You forgot to mention the important thing - did you have unprotected sex around the ovulation time? The first spotting, together with symptoms you described definitely does sound like an ovulation spotting, but than, unless you had unprotected sex around that time the second spotting can't be implantation bleeding - obviously. Since your periods have been always regular, chances are far bigger that it's not some condition like PCOS that is causing this, but if you can get an appointment with a gynecologist and see what is going on, that probably would be the best. DO you take any medication (or have you, recently)? Been under stress or experienced strong emotional events?

Yes I did have quite a bit of unprotected sex right around when the first spotting happened. Thats how I first noticed it. I'm waiting for my insurance to be kicked back on before I can make an appointment though. I havent been on any medications in quite some time and no real stress in my life either just normal work stuff which has never affected me before. Since that first spotting I've given up smoking and drinking all together until I recieve my AF just to be on the safe side. I'm very mixed on whether I want a pregnancy or not right now. We weren't intentially trying but having a baby would be amazing right now. Being late just really does a number on me. A yes or no from my body would be much appreciated.

Obviously you don't need me to tell you again, but - stick to the pregnancy test rules to the letter - first morning urine, or at least 4 hours without urinating before you take another HPT. The "one day after period is late" reliability for HPTs is what counts for most women, but it may take a bit longer for HCG levels to rise enough for HPT to be able to detect them. So, definitely a retest, considering everything. Let us know how it went, I'm curious as well if you actually can have both ovulation and implantation bleeding.

I'm very curious as well. I've done a lot of reading on boards and have yet to see someone who has had both. I think I'll be trying to test again tomorrow morning. I'll be sure to post either way if af comes or if I get a BFP whichever comes first. I see a lot of boards where people have similiar situations as me and you never do find out what their outcome was.

neokeo... so what did u get finally?? what was the reason for the brown discharge??