Hi, my son is 6 months old, and it seams to me like it’s time to start a solid diet. However, I don’t want to do something stupid, so please tell me what is the perfect time for starting with solid food? Is he still too young?

Hi, the perfect time for starting a solid food depends on the baby, but it usually happens between 4 and 6 month. When the right moment comes, your son will still be hungry even when he gets enough milk. When that happens, you will know that you can start with a solid food. However, you can’t give him any solid food right away. Start with rice cereal, because it is the best for your son’s digestive system at this moment. Most parents choose a dinnertime for solid diet, because this way, baby won’t be hungry over night. He must be sitting when you’re feeding him, don’t do that while he’s lying. If your son refuses solid food, don’t force him to eat it and continue with bottle feeding.