I have son that is 4 months old. My neighbor told me he is ready to introducing solid food. I am not sure; because my mother told me I started with 6 months of age. I wonder when right time to introduce solids is. Also I would like to know how I can recognize when my baby is ready for that, I guess each is individual.

You might introduce solids any time you want between 4 and 6 months if your baby is ready. Until that moment, breast mild or formula provides all the calories and nourishment your baby needs and can handle with. Waiting time your baby is ready greatly reduces the risk of an allergic reaction and shortness the transition time between spoon- and self-feeding. Some of babies are eager and ready to eat solids at age of 4 months. Others need to wait until they are closer to 6 months old. With 6 months they need to start cereal because of an increased need for iron. I am sure your baby will give you clear signs when he is ready to move beyond liquid nourishment. Clues include head control, because to eat solids your baby needs to be able to keep his head in a steady position. Losing the “extrusion reflex”, because to keep solids and swallow them, baby needs to stop using tongue to push food out of his mouth. Sitting well when supported, chewing motions, significant weight gain, growing appetite, and curiosity about what you are eating are also clearly clues your baby is ready to introduce solids.