i am 13 years old, i weigh 51kg and i am 5"3.5 tall, i am really keen to build muscle and lose fat to reveal my abs, i own a pair of dumbells and a ez curl bar with weight plates, however i am concerned about how it will effect my growth as i have read and heard lots of things about it and i am not sure who to listen to. please help?

Hi Felix,

You can use the weights at any age. 

But you MUST use proper technique when lifting.  Improper lifting can damage your growth plates.

Remember too, as you work out your muscles actually tear slightly.  You NEED to give your body some rest to allow them to heal.  As they heal the muscles become stronger.

Hope it helps.

thanks helps alot, ill make sure i learn the proper technique as i am watching youtube videos on it 24/7,
and ill try and let my muscles repair i generally do workouts every other day, would it matter if i did a different form of exercise like swimming?

Swimming is by far one of the best exercises there is. It is VERY easy on the joints. It works ALL the muscles too.

okay thank you very much