Go to the cardiology immediately! All of you on this board. I had the same symptoms, both arms burning, starting at the top and traveling toward my wrists. Weakness during and for a few minutes after in my arms. It happened several times over many months, I thought it was a pinched nerve in my neck or back. Woke up one morning with a pain in my spine followed by the burning arms, asked hubby to take me to the chiropractor, he took me to the emergency room instead. It was a heart attack. Many times I have wished that I had taken my burning arms as a sign to get a stress test. Please all of you go to the heart doctor.

i have been experiencing this for a couple of years...the other day it occurred 3 times in 1 day. but I dont get chest pains... just an overwhelming hot feeling running down both arms to my fingertips and completely dead arms..i cant lift my arms, its hopeless.. its gone in about a minute . it is frightening at the time but i just let it pass. heart attack? I will make a doctors appointment but im scared they will revoke my driving licence. sometimes it doesnt happen for months.

I just had another episode. Like so many say, not really doing anything. However I've been quilting heavily for the past week and I have arthritis and herniated discs in my neck. So I'm thinking it's a neck thing, doesn't make it any less scary. Mother first time it happened I was driving and it scared me enough to go home but since then, it's not so scary just weird. Hard to explain to doctors because it really doesn't hurt. Just a flush of warmth and weakness down both arms.

I have been having the symptoms increasing over a year now. I get a sensation top of both arms then a sudden onset of extreme burning/electrical type pain that goes down both arms then sometimes up the back of my neck and causes a headache. I also have tingling and numbness for awhile after and the arm heaviness too. I have already had 15-16 attacks in 1 month and others as little as 5. I have been to a cardiologist,a neurologist and now in 2 weeks I see the top neurosurgeon. I have just seen the neurosurgeon's PAc yesterday who is stumped by this. I do have a bad neck but she said " the protrusion may be touching a tad on one side but not both" so so far I am a mystery but hoping in 2 weeks I will have a better idea from top neurosurgeon or at least something to share with all of you. This is very painful for me as headaches have increased as well as the episodes. I also have a bit of like noises in my ears but faintly too. As soon as I find anything out I will let you all know and please do the same for us all.

I am sorry to say the neurosurgeon has no clue as to what is causing my symptoms either. I guess we are all still in the dark. I must say I am very depressed about it and not having any idea what so ever is causing all this. Hopefully someone reading this will have a diagnosis some day. God bless you all and good luck.

I had this feeling everytime wake up only if lack of sleep and did not eat dinner.

I have these feelings, had one yesterday and feel very weak today and almost expect another attack. I've seen two doctors and they have told me I'm having anxiety attacks and suggested cognitive behavioural therapy! The attacks are frightening. I'm a 65 yo female.....

Yes I get this feeling out of no where,arms feel like there's sensation runs down both arms,feels scary blasts about a minute our more then disappeared,happened. About four our five times in a week for last three months what is this???

Anxiety attacks do not cause severe pain,followed by numbness and tingling. I also can not lift my arms for almost a minute after the initial attack either. My neurologist is giving me trigger point muscle injections,and has also given me nerve blocks in the back of my head. So far my attacks have decreased. On the other hand my family doctor thinks it is possible depending on how my head is positioned just at that time could be pinching on a nerve in my neck causing an attack but no one knows for sure.

Please read my comments above hun. I am experiencing really severe painful attacks then with all that other stuff occuring as well. The first time I had an attack I thought it was a heart attack cause the pain was so bad. Sometimes I get just the tingling and numbness and brace for an attack but it does not come on. Whatever you do,do not let any doctor tell you this is all in your head because it is not! those kinds of doctors do not know what it is so just take the easy way out instead of sending you to someone else who might know. I hope this helps. My best thing was my family doctor is an awesome guy and if he does not know,he sends you to someone who might. Neurologist is the best bet and who I am seeing for these attacks. They have decreased with injections.

I have just come across your message and it's odd because you could be describing what just happened to me . It's never happened before . Did you find out what caused it ? Thanks

Could be a TIA transient ischemic attack (mini stroke)

I was checked out by a neurosurgeon. I had MRI's of the brain and neck so if it was a mini stroke or shall I say mini stokes that would have shown on MRIs. So not mini strokes hun and they still don't know but as I said before,getting the trigger point muscle injections,it has slowed down the attacks tremendously. I go every 2-3 months to a neurologist.

UPDATE: Since I have been seeing my neurologist and getting trigger point muscle injections mostly in my shoulders where the balled up muscles are my symptoms are staying away. I also do a little neck exercising like a type of range of motion or slight stretching. I also know that when I am very stressed and my shoulder and neck muscles tighten up I start to feel tingling in my hands so this is very possibly swelling the muscles around the nerves in the neck and causing symptoms I had had. I hope all who are getting these neurological attacks can get some relief with what I am doing for mine. Like I mentioned before,I do have fibromyalgia/myofacial pain syndrome complex and 2 bad discs in my neck among a few other chronic pain issues but this is working for me. I get the injections about every 3 months as needed.