I think I am allergic to Chap Stick. First I used moisturizer; with aloe and vitamin E. I wanted my lips to look healthy. After a while I passed on Medicated Chap Stick and they looked like they were inflamed and were little painful. Is it possible that I am allergic to Chap Stick?

Hey, you may be allergic to some ingredients that medicated Chap Stick contains. There is camphor, cooling menthol or phenol, strong medicine to help heal and soothe chapped lips. And there is always a possibility that you ate something that you are allergic to.

I went to use peppermint chapstick....I put it on and the next thing you know it was burning really bad. I wiped it off quickly. The next day i had a red line on my bottom lip. A very red line. The next day i notice my lips where getting bumps and starting to hurt badly, then they started to swell. BIG it looked a if i had fat injections into my lips. First my bottom lip was swollen and bumpy then my upper... I felt horrible and it stung really bad...SO i used cold rags to help w/ the stinging and pain and the swelling...I went and go ABREVA ( spendy) and then some plain vasaline. I keep using that combo 2-5 x a day. It helped w/ the pain and the fever blisters/cold sores...today Im on day 4 and starting to feel a little better...still painfull though...

Hopefully better soon :)