My tonsils have been swollen very badly for about two weeks. There is pus on them and they are sore, I was coughing up blood for a couple of days, and now my right ear is starting to ache. I think that it's connected to whatever is going on with my tonsils. I have been to the doctor and the emergency room because of them, I was given a penicillin shot and prescribed azythromyacin. I have since finished the antibiotic I was prescribed, and the penicillin shot is gone from your body in ten days. They are not any better, and the doctor can't tell me what's wrong. What do I do? Do I need them taken out?

That is exactly what is going on with me right now! Have you gotten better yet? I should hope so, as it is now May...
Please let me know what the verdict was. You are the only person I've heard who has the pus covered tonsils AND the ear ache. Miserable, isn't it?

Last summer I had tonsils covered in white spots with flu-like symptoms and even after FOUR rounds of antibiotics, it was still there.

Then my doctor decided to give me a mono test and it was positive.

I suggest you ask your doctor about getting a mono test and if it is positive DONT WORRY. Mono cannot be treated with medication, it just takes rest and lots of fluid. Plus it is contagious for up to 6 months. If you do have mono check with your doctor for other precautions.

Hope you get better soon!

I had the same thing. My doctor gave me MethylPrednisolone. It cleared up my throat. The puss is still there a little but the swollenness and the pain is gone. It also helped my earache. I also tested positive for mono. So i hope that someone can get helped out of the misery. I know exactly what it feels like.

I'm sorry to hear that you went through all of that! What are you doing about the pus? I imagine that it's not very pleasant and I wonder what all you had to go through. Let me know what you think!

This exact same thing happened to me. My throat went from feeling a little sore to extremely painful within hours, so I went into a walk in and they said it was strep. Was on antibiotics for about five days and felt no different, almost worse. My tonsils were dripping with pus and blood and it affected my breathing. I got blood tested and was confirmed is was mono instead and got put methyiprednisolone which I am praying will clear my throat and relieve this pain somehow. Often I was get curious and swap the inside of my tonsils and they cotton would be covered in pus... sometimes it would relieve the pain immediately but after a while your jaw and neck begin to hurt from keeping your mouth open for so long.. lol you’re definitely better off leaving your tonsils alone and not irritating more then they already are. Gargling warm salt water can also loosen some pus up and you can spit some out. Pretty gross. Aleve works best for the pain in my opinion.