I am 34 years old, and I' m in a second trimester of pregnancy. Anyway, I have a problem. My gums are swollen, and they often bleed. I' ve heard that there are women who had problem with swollen gums in pregnancy, so I suppose this is
treatable. But since I' m not in my twenties, I am still really worried. Are swollen gums in pregnancy trully something dangerous?

Swollen gums in pregnancy are also known as pregnancy gingivitis. My sister' s friend have had it during her pregnancy but it
all ended well. The cause of this illness are changes in hormone secretion which leads to increased blood flow to certain areas of woman' s body, including gums. Oral higyene is very important - wash your teeth at least twice a day, use a soft brush so you wouldn' t irritate gums, eat vitamins and minerals and you shoul be just fine.