I never do this, but I'm at my wits end. I'm 18 years old and for the last 3 years going on 4, I've had hip pain that has just continued to get worse. The pain is located at the front of the hip however the pain radiates to the back. Also the pain is in both of my hips, and both hips click and crack and feel like that they catch in the joint. I've seen numerous doctors and they have sent me for blood tests, x-rays and MRIs, all of which have apparently shown nothing. I'm over being poked and proded, and then ask if I suffer from anxiety or depression because they can make you think your in serious pain. But it's not in my head. The last few months I have been in so much pain that when I get up ill collapse and fall face first onto my face, I've even fainted because of the pain. I have trouble walking, and I walk with a gaint limp. The doctors haven't even given me pain killers. I just want to know has anyone had/have hip issues like this and ended up finding out what it was. I'm ready to give up, it makes me sad that I can't go a day without pain. Thanks in advance.

I have also had hip pain for over 3 years. In 2007 I was healthy, active and playing on two tennis teams. In 2009, I was pregnant and pulled a little muscle in my groin trying to get into the car. I'm not sure if that did it or if it was just the extra weight from the pregnancy causing strain on my hip. Ever since, I've had pain. My hips also 'click' when I do certain movements. I've been to the doctor three times already with no diagnosis. I asked to be referred to a specialist but so far the nurse has not returned my phone calls.

The only relief I've had (temporary) is to take ibuprofen. About 800mg to 1000mg per day. It's not advisable to take that much especially on an ongoing basis. So I try to deal with the pain as much as I can and take Ibuprofen when I need it.

Good luck to you.

-kj