I am 61 years old and have been a moderate to heavy drinker most of my life. I drink very little anymore but when I do, I get the most awful hangovers I have ever experienced on only a couple beers. I've had some duzzies in my time but not like these. It's seems to be more like poisoning than a hangover. Could this possibly be poisoning and I'm now alergic to alcohol?

I'm 60 and over the last 15 years, my tolerance has gradually diminished to the point where 2 ounces of wine will give me a hangover the next day. Two glasses will give me a hangover for three days. What is going on?

What you are both experiencing is called kindling. Years of alcohol abuse will cause this. Receptors in your body have reached their threshold for alcohol and even small amounts will produce a large effect on the body. You can search for more info about kindling on medical websites for a more accurate description