Hello. 

My dog never had a rash in his entire life. He is now 6 years old. 

My other dog on the other hand has always had problems with his skin, ever since he was a puppy. 

I really don’t know when this started happening but I’ve noticed that my dog with problematic skin is now completely fine. And my dog whose skin was always perfectly ok, now has a rash on his belly and between the belly and his legs. 

It’s strange.

I must react as soon as possible. Can you tell me what is the best treatment for dog skin rash? 

Are you interested in medical treatments or you would like to hear about some home remedies? If you’re up to home remedies, my suggestion is chamomile tea. Everybody says it’s great for rashes. It doesn’t matter if it is a cat’s or a dog’s rash, it will work for both. And there is also aloe vera gel. If you have the plant in your house, that’s perfect. If you don’t , you can buy the gel, I think you can find it in almost every pharmacy. My advice for you is to try with these home remedies before you start with medical treatments.

Tell me about it :/

My dogs have a problem with rash since…forever! I am always for home remedies. They are much better, and they are effective. That is most important, right? Yes, chamomile tea is always a good option, but I vote for chamomile tea with some aloe vera extract. It is much effective and it works pretty fast. Also, oatmeal shampoo, tea tree oil is excellent option, and you should try this as well. If this doesn’t work for your dog, you should ask your doctor about the best advice. But, I really hope that this is nothing serious :)

Hey everyone. My Boo is really sensitive, so I am really careful when it comes about choosing good shampoo for him. But, a few weeks ago, I was talking with my friend Joanna. She is really huge dog lover, and she knows a lot about the dogs. Maybe it sounds silly to you, but she suggested me dipping a cotton ball into milk of magnesia, organic apple cider and put it directly on the irritated area. You have to repeat this process several times a day, until you see that your dog is feeling better. I didn’t try this, but I would, for sure. If you don’t want to experiment with this, you can do one simple thing – just rub coconut oil in the area. 

Hello everyone. I am for natural remedies as well. I don’t have so much problem with my dog, when it comes about the rash, but it happens sometimes. And, of course, I think that I was telling you about this before, but my first option is oatmeal shampoo with some aloe vera extract. I don’t remember that I was using this more than one week. I apply this on the irritated skin, three or four times a week. I never visited the vet when it comes about this. This is one of the remedies that I would definitely recommend you, because I really do know that it is effective. 

Hello Mia.

I am really sorry about your dog. Those skin rashes really bother me. :/

Your post reminded me on the same problems we had 2 years ago with our family dog. He was healthy his entire life but that year he got a very serious rash on his entire body. We were all sad because of him.

One day, our grandma came to visit us and she saw our dog. She immediately knew what we needed to do. She told me to buy a dog shampoo with chamomile and purified aloe vera gel. She told us that we have to wash him every day with that shampoo and after that to put aloe vera gel on his body.

After a week he was as good as new. I hope this will help you.

Aloe vera is something that always works for my dog. I can advise you to try some Natural Skin Salve/Spray. 

There are so many natural ingredients that are very effective when it comes to rashes and hot spots. I personally tried many of them and I can confirm that they have a calming effect on skin irritations and discomfort.  Some of them are: tea tree oil, shea butter, rosemary, sesame oil and like I said before aloe vera. 

There is this product that includes many of these ingredients and it is called DERMagic Cell Restoration Creme.  It is probably worth trying.

Hello, Mia.

Whatever you choose from these recommendations, you won’t be sorry. They are mostly based on aloe vera, oatmeal bath, or chamomile tea, which are, from my humble opinion, great natural remedies for treating skin rashes.

But, one thing is bothering me. Why is, all of sudden, your other dog developed a rash? Have you ever found out what was the cause of skin rash for your first dog? Maybe the same is happening to this one as well. My guess is that they are sleeping close to each other and maybe it came to some transfer between them.

You should check it out with your vet.