I`m 42 years old woman and I`ve been fighting with chin and upper lip hair for more than 20 years. First I started to shave but I got nothing but ugly, dark hair (gets darker and darker if you continue with shaving). Guess no need to mention losing of self-confidence. I`m aware that there are many products for ingrown chin hair problem, and heard about a laser light zapping treatment, but was wondering to hear from someone who actually did it.

Hi, I`m 25 and had the same problem. Was also very insecure and after many years of shaving and trying anything, I finally decided to give it a shot and try electrolysis. It`s not cheap and is a long and painful treatment, but all you can really lose is your chin hair. But, electrolysis changed my life and it is the best treatment for ingrown chin hair problem. Shaving can only get it worse - razor burn, bumps and ingrown hairs are side effects of shaving. Ingrown hairs occur when hairs are cut below the skin level. When they start to grow, they grow within the surrounding tissue, and not growing out The hair curls around and starts growing into the skin. This process is followed by irritation, redness and swelling.