I am a male and I recently shaved my pubic hair and started to get small red bumps. At first I did not know what it was; but, I did some research and found out that they were ingrown hairs. I have seen a very small amount of pus in two or three of the bumps. I do not want to consult a dermatologist about this since I am pretty embarrassed.

I would like to know a few things.

Is this anything extremely serious?

Can I just let the hair grow out to fix this?

If this could fix it, how long would it take for the hair to grow out enough to get the job done?

It does not itch much and does not hurt at all so I don't think it is anything to be too concerned about; but, I wouldn't know. I would greatly appreciate any real help I can get. Thanks.

Haha I did the same thing too :-P way back when. I no longer even try to shave that area (im a woman, but same diff in the problem) Me personally i find i get the ingrown hairs regardles of which direction the blade goes- the more sensitive skin seems to not react at all, but the 'pubic mound' reacts badly.
In my case, i prefer to kind of... pop the little pustule, and pull the hair out- for me it heals up in hours. Another solution is if you want to keep shaving, DO NOT shave in the opposite direction to the hair. If you do that (like when shaving your face) it might make it worse. Shave moving the razor in the same direction as the hair points. For me it helped.

Hope this isnt years after your post! XD see ya

none of those stuff worked shaving in the same direction or even pulling out the ingrown its so much to pull out i guess years of shaving but the ingrown hairs is very annoying an embarrassing i need help

Celebrity

I don't know why you to the length of shaving your pubic hair and then you get all those ingrown hairs, just leave your private parts alone or at the most trim the longest hair off, that way you won't get ingrown hair or red marks. Better still stay au natural and you will not get any of the above problems.