I have been enjoying running for a long time. I have been feeling terrible pressure on knees when running lately. I don’t know what is going on and why that is happening. I am afraid that it may hurt my knees and that I would have to stop running. Any suggestions?

Problems with knees can happen for many reasons. You may be over trained and your muscles have not recovered sufficiently so you could be losing strength in surrounding muscles. They are not absorbing shock enough so there is greater pressure on your knees. Inappropriate running shoes can cause these problems too. You could have changed your running style and inadvertently put more pressure on your knees. Running on rough terrain is a good way to put additional stress on your knees. Also, your knees may not be getting enough lubrication. That is matter of your diet. Adding flaxseed to your meals for some 6-12 months can fix this problem.