I don’t know what to do about this annoying problem I have! For the last two moths I’ve been training for the half marathon and I’ve notice that during and after training I have stomach problems. At first I thought that it’s a virus of bacteria but since it has persisted, I think it must be something else. But what? And how to get rid of it?

Many people have this problem, especially during long distance runs. I don’t know why and what exactly causes this problem, but I’m certain that it’s on a physiological basis. Maybe it’s because of the water that you have to drink in large quantities. It’s normal that your body heats during training and when you drink cold water or ay other fluid, your stomach reacts. I guess that there are certain medications that can ameliorate this condition and make it easier for you to train and run long distance. Try drinking only water that isn’t too cold, also. I don’t remember having these problems, but it’s individual and generally speaking, my stomach isn’t sensitive at all. Good luck and don’t give up!