I am 40 years old and feel as if I am in my prime. I have won several competitions in cycling back in my younger days. I am thinking about pro cycling. All of my friends keep telling me that I am too old to train pro cycling. What do you think; can an old oak like me still outrun some pros?

Congratulations on your courage and spirits! You have to check out with your doctor to see that everything is OK. If so, then you can start developing the strategy for pro cycling. Provided that you are completely healthy there is no reason at all why shouldn’t you race again. Obviously you have some experience in that field. Nevertheless you have to ease up with your workouts to make up for your age. Don’t get me wrong. All you have to do is to give yourself a little more time to rest and recuperate between hard sessions. Apart from that…the sky is the limit.