I’m so disappointed in my form! After the winter break I started cycling again and I couldn’t cover even the half of my usual trace! Imagine that! It’s so upsetting and I feel as if I was totally rusty. I don’t understand how this could have happened during only few months of pause. I don’t know how to regain my previous form. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

That happened probably because you just stopped cycling and didn’t go to a gym during winter. Have you heard that when cycling season is over, cyclists change scenery and instead of roads and hills they exercise in gyms? Workouts are what keeps cyclists in shape and completely fit even when they can’t cycle. I guess that you’ll have to start it all over again with adapting to new regime, but I think that you’ll need less time to get back in shape because you’re only rusty and need to “back in the saddle again”. Just don’t exaggerate and force yourself. Ride only as much as you can and try working out as an alternative means of exercising. You can also try to run two times a week.