Few days ago I have heard some women talking about transconjunctival bleph. I have to be honest and to say that I felt really stupid because I did not know what they were talking about. What is ? Is it some surgical procedure?

You have reason to feel stupid just because you did not know what someone was talking about. Actually, it is nice that you are interested enough to learn something new that can maybe help you in the future. Yes, transconjunctival bleph is a surgical procedure. A traditional blepharoplasty or eyelid tightening removes the bags from around the eyes. Some patients are candidates for lower lid blepharoplasty through an incision on the inside of the lower eyelid and this procedure is called a transconjunctival blepharoplasty. The great thing about it is that there are no external scars and this is especially helpful for men who cannot use makeup. Patients with large amounts of loose skin are not usually candidates and they need removal of skin in the usual way. The procedure is done under local or general anesthetic. Unlike traditional lower lid blepharoplasty can be combined with resurfacing the skin. The main advantage of this procedure is that the orbital septum, does not have to be divided and this reduces the risks of surgery. I hope that I have been clear enough.