I also just had my gallbladder removed as was experiencing a lack of a bowel movement also. I went from a liquid diet to normal foods, but nothing happened, I even tried a stool softener. My stomach was so sore that I was scared to push to have a bowel movement, after 3 days I had my first bowel movement that was miniscule in size and weird colored. Today I had several bowel movements that were normal colored but still small, my only complaint is that I no longer know when I have to have a bowel movement or urinate, every couple of hours I just go and sit on the toilet so see what happens.

I had my gallbladder removed Friday it is now Tue. I've been taking store brand natural vegetable laxative tablets every day since the surgery and finally pooped today but it hurt and I think I pushed to hard cuz now my incisions hurt and have a burning pain in my lower back and abdomen area..just be careful and take Ur time it will come when its ready

I had gallbladder surgery June 5th 2013. Was admitted Friday the 5th, surgery Saturday the 6th and discharged the 7th. No pain just discomfort because I couldn't sleep right it walk straight. Had a BM 3rd day because I took a laxative. Feeling pretty good now 2 weeks after surgery. First couple days pooped everything I ate. Lol. After that trial and error. Pain meds make you constipated. Laxatives are good but don't over do it. You must be using the bathroom everyday.

Hi there

I had my Gall Bladder removed Monday just gone (7.10.13) and have yet to have a BM.

I didn't eat badly to start with, i have Shreddies for Breakfast, only have wholemeal bread when having a sandwich and salads so i have more or less continued where i have left off. I'm not on any pain meds and a district nurse has said if i have no BM up till Friday to phone the doctors. I have something there that i was given a few months ago to help go to the the toilet but will give it till tomorrow morning, see what happens in between.

Hi l had my surgery two years ago... BM ok...Now its changed... l have the same problem as you..BM ..l worry also..laxitives..not sure to be taken that much every day...what to do..

My daughter had her gall bladder removed and is having the same problem and the dr. does not seemed worried at all, since this post was along time ago could you please tell me has this problem resolved for you and what if any, things you did, she is 17 and has had slow moving food problems since 7 and 1/2 yrs. old? 10/28/14

Hi 

I hadmy gallbladder removed 4 days ago, i have ate normal since but not been able to go the toilet. I was not given any pain relief apart from panadol and i still have no BM. I have been taking Mild Laxatives for 3 days and still no BM, im starting to worry now

Not always an outpatient surgery. I didn't pass gas until almost 24 hours later, I spent the night. My surgery was 2/13/15. I haven't had a bowel movement yet.

My gallbladder surgery was 2/26/15 as an outpatient. It's now day 5 and I've had no BM. I'm going to start a stool softner tonight and see if it works.  I had really bad cramps yesterday and thought, finally.  But nope. :(  I don't have any discomfort, don't even feel the need "to go", but my stomach is starting to bloat. I'm ready to get 5 days of stuff out of me!

I had my surgery Thursday and I pooped today. I have been using stool softener a since my release from hospital on Friday.

In reply to your comment I have just had gall bladder surgery on Monday afternoon I'm 18 years old and at a healthy weight I normally have 2-3 bowl movements a day if I'm lucky It's Wednesday now , haven't been since maybe Saturday or Sunday. I can't list what I have eaten baby size dinners of mostly veg and chicken and potatoes desserts like ice cream ice milk shakes chocolate 3 packets of biscuits:/ 1 packet of walkers crisps I did not eat more than a hand full of veg for dinner today due to chronic belly button area related pains. I was released from hospital without going to the bathroom and no one asked me to pass gas which I didn't do till yesterday night anyway. They gave me a orange juice jelly thing to helpe go to the bathroom but mixed with 30g of co codamol I'm not surprised I've tried but my pain in the belly button area hurts touch to even sit normally I'm having to lay down wen I walk I'm hunched is this normal ?

You Just Relieved Me. Had Mine Out On Tuesday And Still Haven't Gone, But Still I. Pain meds.

I did not take the pain meds after gallbladder surgery and I still can't have a normal bowel movement. I drink 48 to 64 oz of water per day plus eat fresh fruits and veggies. ...and also take a fiber supplement. I am very frustrated.....my bowels were normal before surgery:(

I am going through this now with the gallbladder surgery and not having a BM. Its my 3rd day after surgery and just hoping for some insight. Thanks

II had my GB out on 8/25/15 and was dealing with the same problem. I did laxatives, stool softners even prunes with no relief. A friend of mine told me to try hot lemon water. It simulates the digestive system, I drink one in the morning on empty stomach and than throughout the day like tea. ( use real lemons and squeeze juice in hot water) worked for me hope it works for you.