I went into the ER on 4/3/17 with a bad gallbladder attack. My original surgery was scheduled for 4/12/17. But I was in so much pain my surgeon said go to the ER. I was triaged and sent in the back. 3 doctors came in and told me that I will be admitted. In mean time Blood was drawn I was given IV fluids and heparin to bring my PT/INR down. Since I'm on Coumadin to prevent blood clots. Morphine for pain every 4 hours and anti nausea meds every 8 hours. Plus I was put on antibiotics to keep the infection down. I was then brought up to my room. 4/4/17 more labs were drawn. My PT/INR was still high. Therefore no surgery. So a reverse blood transfusion had to be done. Also no bowel movements as I've been on iVs since Monday. Now surgery is scheduled for 4/5/17 as an add on. Which means I would be done late afternoon. Oh I was thrilled. I've been NPO for a few days now. My husband came in to visit me and helped me clean up for my surgery. The surgeon comes in with bad news. Surgery is scheduled for 4/6/17. My PT/INR is not quite low enough. I cried because I was so upset. Now my potassium and magnesium are too low? So I'm give 4 hours of potassium and 2 hours magnesium. 4/6/17 the day has come my last set labs drawn. Results come back where my PT/INR levels are just right. Had my surgery at 10:30 AM. It last 90 minutes. Got out recovery at 2 PM and moved to the next room until 4 PM. Got home 5 PM. I've been eating very light and no fat diet since I got home. Not much of an appetite. I take tramadol for pain and stool softener 3 times a day. No bowel movement. I'm real bloated and cramped up. Passing some gas. I'm only on day 3. Plus I have a disability which makes it hard for me to get around. This is so frustrating. The pain of the constipation pressure on the incisions makes more painful. Lost about 8 pounds in the last week. Not a way to lose weight.

Stay away from open flames dude_ I you pass gas you are going to the moon

Thanks for sharing, just had mine tacking out,Going through the same thing

I've never heard of a bowl movement

Thank you for your post. I read so many that state their problems but don't follow up with what eventually happened. You being graphic is actually what I needed to read. I'm on day 3 no BM same as you it's not unusual for me. So I won't freak out about this. I'm doing miralax again tonight before bed If nothing happens by then. This also has been my way of life. Stopped the pain med as it made me nauseated and my pain isn't that bad. I've had kidney stones lots of times, plus cut hip to hip for hysterectomy so I think I have a high level of pain tolorence. Just hoping this will work itself out. Thanks again for your comments.

GOD BLESS YOU TOO. THANKS VERY MUCH

My wife had her surgery on a monday three days later still no bowel movements, my sister is a pharmacist she recomened she take microlax suppositories a medicine inserted from the butt, 2 min after taking the medicine she had her first bowel movement. Consult your doctors office or Pharmacist they will advice best route of option for you, do not wait its better your unblock your bladder then get bloated

Me too, lots of wind pain, took to laxatives, and nowt happened, but now panicking theres a prob, eat a light diet of just soup or chicken but now worried

Yesterday, 24 hours ago I had laparoscopic cholecystectomy. I have been urinating ok after the operation, but unable to pass any gas or stool. It seems like I am unable to build any pressure. Please share your suggestion

I had my gall bladder removed 6 days ago. Same procedure was done. My first time pooping was today, on day six. The first two days I ate small portions and drank water and took my pain medicine as prescribed and a stool softener twice a day. Yesterday, on day 5, I decided to eat beans and rice, a six inch subway tuna sandwich no cheese, and a bowl of chili. I slept comfortably had passed some gas not much. I woke up and walked around for a bit around the house and had the feeling to poop. So I sat down on the toilet for a couple of minutes and it happened. I pooped. No diarrhea, no small dots, just normal poop. No pain. Also on day 5, I took my pain medicine at 4pm and decided to not take any more cause I read that it causes constipation. At night the pain was tolerable and mild but not too bad. Hope this helps.

I had my galblatter taken.out over ten days ago ive had no bowel movent at all on.my own.I half take laxative every day im worried.

Holy sh*t. No wonder you needed your gall bladder removed.

I have been at the hospital almost a week and still haven't had a bowel movement in a little bit came out but it hurt extremely bad and I'm very constipated and don't know what to do

Out of the hospital

Today is day 4 after gallbladder removal. I took my pain meds and the stool softener and laxatives as prescribed. In the hospital, I ate regular foods. At home, I'm more comfortable with small and bland snacks. I'm not even hungry. I eat to take meds. I finally had a BM today!