I had my gb removed last weds had lists of bloating I ended up giving myself a deep douch to get things out of me and to get going again

Its nor uncommon to be released without either mine was taken out yesterday I didn't have either one either

Just had a bowel movement for the first time 6 days after surgery. Seems to be fairly common to be constipated for a bit. I'm still using my percoset for pain but rarely. I was so desperate that I ate something high fat just to see if it would move things along and it did! Got really nauseated but I had a bowel movement and that's really all that matters. It's still hard to pee or know that I have to pee and I'm someone with a very tiny bladder. Good luck to the next guy, this sucks.

I hope you're joking about those types of foods you're eating! Good grief! I think I feel cheated sitting here with on my healthy heart low cholesterol diet!

Me to its been 6days since my surgery i still cant poop what shall i do.?

OK please do cause I'm kind of the same way rite now its day four and I can't have a bm

I just had my gallbladder out 4 days and still no bowel movement but I am passing gas. When I had my son via C Section years ago, the nurse told me not to worry about the urgency of having a bowel movement. That as long as I was passing gas, I was ok. Surgery especially anesthesia messes up your body then combine that with having an organ removed. It will take a few days to get back to normal. I'm not worried unless I get really sick from being backed up. I am however, amazed at how soon they send you home after the gallbladder surgery. First night home I was extremely sick from anesthesia alone. I personally think you should stay one night in the hospital to get that anesthesia out of your system and be monitored. But I'm sure insurance plays a part in it. Recovery from this though is not easy physically or emotionally. Best of luck to everyone experiencing the same thing.

I had my gallbladder removed on April 22,2016 and I havent had a bowel movement since Sunday. I am drinking Apple Juice and water. My stomach is bloated and it keep feeling like I have to go, but it will not come out. Is that normal. And the glue on my incisions had came off. Is that normal

I was worried about this as well after my surgery. It took me about a week to be able to use the bathroom after the surgery. I was burping and passing gas the whole time so I thought maybe that was a good sign.

Yes it's normal, I was also very bloated and kept trying to use the bathroom because thinking about the amount of food that was in me scared me. I wish my glue would come off, it's been about a month after surgery and it's still there, but I was also wearing steri strips on all of my incisions so that could be a reason why.

I had my gallbladder out two days ago. Could not eat as i mormally do for 3 mos prior to surgery. The day before surgery i was put on clear liquid diet. Stayed in hospital overnight after surgery The day after surgery dr put me on regulr diet. I was hungry and ate the normal breakfast they gave most patients. I only ate the eggs, bacon, pancakes and coffee. I was pretty full. That was yesterday morning. I have not been hungry since. I have not had a bm since the morning of surgery and i refused all pain med since i know it can cause constipation. I was told the body needs time to adjust after surgery. Even with the lapry (which i had), it is still invasive. I tolerated the eggs and bacon just fine. I had coffee and yogurt this morning and it feels like it's just sitting in my stomach. I still have gas cramps from the air they put in during surgery. Actually, that pain is awful. i have only had small burps, none on the other end. I think the fullness and lack of bm is from the air they put in.

I had surgery two days ago. On regular diet but no appetite. I took a shower when i got home from haspital and today i noticed the glue on my naval is all curled up inside my naval. Im now afraid to take another shower so i will call the dr office. Not sure if its normal this soon after.

I just had gallbladder surgery on Monday. An I have not had a bowel movement yet .but before I had it taken out its been going on two months since I have had a bowl movement if I did it was maybe like 6 to 8 rabbit droppings

Hi, I had my gallbladder removed 2 months ago. I had a bowl movement the day after surgery but I figured it was just the food from the day before. After that first day, I didn't have another bowl movement for a week later. So don't be worried if it doesn't happen right away. I am now comfortably eating things I used to eat before the surgery and some things I had to cut out of my diet when I learned of my gallstones. Everyone's results will be different, just try not to eat any high in fat foods after the surgery.
Also I was a freshman in college when this happened so I didn't exactly have the best way to get my proper diet but I healed nicely,if anyone is worried about having this done while away for college. :)

I had gallbladder out on Friday nurse said if I suffer from constipation to take a laxative as soon as I got home which I did I use Miralax and by Sunday morning I had a bowel movement