I have a 4 yr old girl who has lot of unwanted hair on her arms, legs and back. She is still small so she doesn't get embarrassed by it but as she will grow, she will feel shy about this which as a mother, I would want to avoid. Please can you suggest me how to get rid of her unwanted hair, even on her face. I will be very grateful. Thanks

Hi Angie,

Your best resource is to talk to her pediatrician. There could be a hormonal cause to the body hair. I would not suggest using any hair removal gels or creams at her age as they would be likely to burn her skin. I wouldn't recommend shaving as well.

Hope it helps.

Well,
The hair in girls is usually caused by the amount of testosterone in their body. You have to understand that girls produce testosterone as well, but in much lower amount then boys. She is a bit young to be having this kind of problem. Has anybody in your family had similar problem? You might see a doctor and see if her hormones are all good? My guess that she will have these kinds of problems her entire life because this is more of a genetic things and I think that she inherited this issue. However there might be few things that doctor could do to help your daughter with this problem of hers.

All the best,
Nelie