Hi, I am very unsatisfied. This feeling is caused by my hair. It is curly and I hate it!!! I am a twenty five years old woman. For as long as I can remember, I had to cut my hair very shortly since the long one was not suited for me. I would like to know what causes hair to be curly. I am also interested in ways to straighten it.

Hi, I really do not think that you should feel the way you feel. There is nothing wrong in curly hair. It is made, like our entire organism, out of proteins. They contain sulfur atoms called sulfides. When two sulfides get together, they form a disulfide bond. If the two sulfides in the same protein are far away from each other, and they come together to make disulfide bond, a change will occur. The protein will bend accordingly. As a result, curly hair is made. The more the disulfide bonds, the curlier the hair is. As for the ways that you can turn curly hair into straight, I suggest you see a hair dresser. I can only think of hair straightener. However, it is necessary to use this gadget properly or it could damage your hair. That is why it would be best to pay a visit to the professional hair dresser who will be able to help you with your problem.

I empathize with you. I have been at war with my curly/wavy/frizzy "Don King" hair for almost 50 years and have never had an opportunity to live a normal life -- no carefree days at the beach with friends -- no dating on humid nights or going out in the rain, being forced to go out (even at formal events) with a scarf on my head until I can get into the building and take it off. (My aunt once said that I look like a refugee.)
In fact, I spend so much time on my hair I am unable to work full time. If you think unmanageable, curly hair looks bad at 25, imagine how it looks when you are 60+ years old and your frizzy hair turns gray!
Curly hair is NOT normal hair; it is damaged hair. According to L'Oreal researchers, curly hair is actually "crushed" and has mechanical weakness that results in breakage.
I have had my hair professionally straighten at salons only to go out side and have it immediately return to frizzy curls.
Cury/wavy/frizzy hair is a medical/genitic problem, but a beauty issue. It is hopeless to continue to address this problem with beauty treatments. I pray that geneticists finally realize this and researchers look for a permanent cure. Until then, you should stop using hair products for European hair and try hair products for afro hair.

curly hair is gorgeous!! so many women would kill to have naturally curly hair and not have to curl them with other methods. but, like the others have mentionned, if you aren't happy with your hair, a hairdresser would know what would be best for you. hope it turns out well for you :-)

;-)

The key factor with straightening European Hair is the right product and maintenance many of my past clients for the first time in their lives were able to look as they would term normal. It's unfortunate really for most people because there is only one product that will do this successfully. However leave in conditioners by Sunsilk can be very useful try some of the new product out but not the most expensive ranges they are too little too expensive and not very effective.

Japanese Hair Straightening. Look it up. I have it done once a year and love it.

i too have very curly hair! i'm so thankful to have curly hair though. i can leave it curly when I want, or straighten it. i can go wavy or spiral. you have the best of both worlds! most women want straight, while others want curly.......WE HAVE IT BOTH! you can't beat that! now, I noticed you said that you cut it short to tame it-believe it or not, cutting it only makes it curlier because it is then more weightless. try growing it long, the weight pulls the curls down so that way they are not as crazy! that's what i've done with mine. here's what I do with my hair to straighten it-

1). blow dry it after using a heat cream product to keep it less frizzy. it protects it from burning your hair (which causes frizz).
2). straighten it with a ceramic straightener (better on your hair), section by section, slowly & firmly.
3). put some john frieda "frizz ease" on it. not too much though.

Also, when your washing your hair, make sure to use a very moisturizing conditioner, & you can even use straightening conditioners & shampoo's. It's not impossible to tame the hair! your lucky for the hair you have!!

you dont need to be worry instead love your hair even it is curly..its the heredity why you have a curly hair..maybe your mother or your grandmother have a curly hair..
I have a straight hair and I love it but sometimes I love to look at the girl who's hair is curly..
If you want your hair straight, just go to hair salon and ask them you want to straight your hair..

**edited by moderator** **web addresses are not allowed**

You shouldn't feel that way! :D Curly hair can be absolutely gorgeous if you know how to style it and get to know it. I had trouble with my curly hair for quite a while, but I have learned to love it.

First of all, you need to find a good product. What works for me is Tressemme Mousse and Hairspray. First, distribute the mousse throughout your hair while it's wet, then style it and spray evenly with hairspray. Try the Tressemme brand shampoos and conditioners, too!

Don't go cheap when it comes to curly hair. If the product is reasonably priced and works well, then yes, go ahead and buy it. But if you're just buying it for the low price, DON'T DO IT!!

Also, you can buy hairdryers with diffuser attachments, too, which (if you don't know) are plastic attachments meant specifically for curly hair.

If you want more softness in your hair, try large rollers. Put them in overnight if possible, and it will give you softer curls. Curling irons work too, if you want more controlled curls. It takes a while to do, but they work.

Do some research! Get to know your hair. Grow it out longer! Once you know how to style it with different products and diffusers/curling irons, you'll be able to style it. Before long, you'll have gorgeous curls.

Check out the book "Curly Gurl" by Lorraine Massey. It will teach you a bit about curly hair. It's interesting.

Don't be afraid to have fun with your hair :) Good luck.

I also suffer from curly hair, I absolutely hate it, very stressful - but then I found the Yuko straightening system. I get it done twice a year and it only grows out when your curly roots come back in. It is quite expensive but worth it.

easy for all u women with straight hair to say! i'm 14 & i absolutely hate my hair. i've always wished to have long flowy slightly wavy hair. when i walk i wish that my ponytail would sway back & forth. when i lean on something i want my hair to just stay normal not get flattened & stay in that position...
none of you understand unless you actually have really curly hair!
i wonder if there is surgery to remove some of my disulfide bonds.

I have curly hair and I hate it!!!! When ever I try to straighten it it looks like something exploded on my head. It takes to much time and the end results are never worth it. Sometimes I just feel like shaving my head bald! I would LOVE it if I found out a way to change my curly hair straight. I'm not even lucky enough to have the big easier to manage curls, I'm stuck with the frizzy curls that jus look terrible! Everytime someone tells me they love my hair I feel like yelling at them and saying "I hate it!" What I find weird is that people with curly hair always want straight hair and (some)people with straight hair want curly. It makes no sense to me. : |

first of all. I got curl hair. I hate it at times. At other times i love it. If you think bout it, we could have the dullest hair ever. It has it disadvantages but its advantages too. Live it up. btw im only 19 but have learned to love it

Curly hair is not that bad if you can have good haircut at right time. There are many more latest hairstyles available for your types of hair. You may choose any that you wish to have any Hairstyles 2010 Pictures and then approach an experienced hair cutting expert. They simply looks cute, eye catching and attractive.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Nice Information!!!!!!!!!!!!!