I'm hoping someone on here can help me. I had what i thought was an unusually light but painful period which started on about the 29th of November. Just to rule it out, i took a pregnancy test about 5 days later (whilst still bleeding lightly) and it came out positive. About 2 days after this I had more pains in the night that woke me up and the next day began to bleed heavily.

I saw a nurse at fpc and she worked out dates and said as was only 4 weeks at the most it was highly likely that I had miscarried and sent me away with another test to do in a week to see if the pregnancy hormone had gone (which im doing tomorrow morning). Since then the heavy bleeding has stopped but i have continued to bleed steadily - is this usual for such an early miscarriage or could there be something else causing the bleeding, which is very red and not like a period at all.

If this is normal, how long should i expect it to go on for before i need to get it checked out?

I feel really in limbo with it all and like i dont know whats going on with my body at all - I hope someone can give me a bit of advice.

I took the test that the nurse had given me and its still showing a positive result - albeit half as strong as the other line that shows the test is working. I know that its common for the pregnancy hormone to be in your system for some time after a miscarriage but is that normal for such an early miscarriage or an i likely to be still pregnant?

This is really getting to me now, I would really appreciate advice :-(

i recently found out i was pregnant and at about 6 weeks i suddenly had some bad back pain and started to bleed quite heavily, after a few days it calmed down but i have been bleeding lightly for just over a week now. so it was still quite early on but the bleeding has seemed like a lot. I spoke to a nurse and she said that its normal and to take another test in a few weeks once the hormone has had chance to pass should it have been a miscarriage.

May seem like pointless advice, but I was told the hormone can stay in your system for 3 weeks after so it may be ideal to take another test soon. Just try and rest, the bleeding can last a while.
:-)

Please help me. I have had spotting and light bleeding since Feb 14th which is when I miscarried (6 weeks). I have no pain. I went through a frozen embryo transfer from my sister so is it possible that my body still has the drugs (lupron, endometrin, progesterone etc.) which is the cause for bleeding? Did anyone else experience such symptoms? When can I expect it to stop.
thanks,
AS